axolotl

Default Pics of "Eklind" milling head in dropbox

I have put a picture of the mystery "Eklind" milling head into the
dropbox. Any leads to a source of collets would be appreciated.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/eklind.jpg

Kevin Gallimore

Peter T. Keillor III

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:50:07 -0400, axolotl
wrote:

I have put a picture of the mystery "Eklind" milling head into the
dropbox. Any leads to a source of collets would be appreciated.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/eklind.jpg

Kevin Gallimore

Maybe you didn't see my previous post. The link posted previously by
Artemia Salina was very close to a B3. I got my B3's from Dave
Ficken. Here's the link again so you can decide whether they're worth
checking out.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bridgeport/page10.html

The B3 dimensions are the third one on the page.

Good luck.

Pete Keillor
axolotl

Peter T. Keillor III wrote:

Maybe you didn't see my previous post. The link posted previously by
Artemia Salina was very close to a B3.

Your earlier post didn't appear on Newsfeeds, but they have been having
problems the past few days. The B3 is similar but different. On the
Eklind collet the drawbar end drops down to .625 (there's a step in the
socket), and the tapered section is longer. I got an idea of what the
collet would look like by wrapping modeling clay in saran wrap and
forcing it into the bore. Thanks for looking for me.

Kevin Gallimore

Bridgeport help with pics and q's Russell Shigeoka Metalworking 4 December 17th 03 05:17 AM
History of Machine Tools Errol Groff Metalworking 141 November 8th 03 07:32 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Help a newbie out? Brad Brigade Metalworking 34 October 19th 03 05:20 AM
milling arbors Harold & Susan Vordos Metalworking 0 September 15th 03 08:51 AM