DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pics of "Eklind" milling head in dropbox (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/68272-pics-%22eklind%22-milling-head-dropbox.html)

axolotl September 7th 04 11:50 PM

Pics of "Eklind" milling head in dropbox

I have put a picture of the mystery "Eklind" milling head into the
dropbox. Any leads to a source of collets would be appreciated.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/eklind.jpg

Kevin Gallimore

Peter T. Keillor III September 8th 04 12:31 AM

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:50:07 -0400, axolotl
wrote:

I have put a picture of the mystery "Eklind" milling head into the
dropbox. Any leads to a source of collets would be appreciated.

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/eklind.jpg

Kevin Gallimore

Maybe you didn't see my previous post. The link posted previously by
Artemia Salina was very close to a B3. I got my B3's from Dave
Ficken. Here's the link again so you can decide whether they're worth
checking out.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/bridgeport/page10.html

The B3 dimensions are the third one on the page.

Good luck.

Pete Keillor

axolotl September 8th 04 01:31 AM

Peter T. Keillor III wrote:

Maybe you didn't see my previous post. The link posted previously by
Artemia Salina was very close to a B3.

Your earlier post didn't appear on Newsfeeds, but they have been having
problems the past few days. The B3 is similar but different. On the
Eklind collet the drawbar end drops down to .625 (there's a step in the
socket), and the tapered section is longer. I got an idea of what the
collet would look like by wrapping modeling clay in saran wrap and
forcing it into the bore. Thanks for looking for me.

Kevin Gallimore