hairbear

Default Pics of 1924 part in dropbox-please I.D. ?

These are pictures of part of an unknown machine from 1924.

The following description was provided:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_1.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_2.JPG

Two photos of the vertical ? slide part of a machine.The only markings

1924 No. 1142 LIENHARD CONSTRUCTEURS LA CHAUX-DEFONDS SUISSE

I got it from a retired toolmaker in Sydney, Australia who inherited
it and we'd be interested in any ideas what it might have been from.

Thanks for looking,
Greg.
Paul K. Dickman

My guess is that it is a part off a straight line engine turning machine
Probably the mainslide
Go to;
http://www.pledge.co.uk/
and noodle around in their tech ref section and see if it fills the bill.

Paul K. Dickman

================================================= ================

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_1.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_2.JPG

Two photos of the vertical ? slide part of a machine.The only markings

1924 No. 1142 LIENHARD CONSTRUCTEURS LA CHAUX-DEFONDS SUISSE

I got it from a retired toolmaker in Sydney, Australia who inherited
it and we'd be interested in any ideas what it might have been from.

Thanks for looking,
Greg.

larry g

I don't know what the part is but "LA CHAUX-DEFONDS SUISSE" is a small
town in Switzerland that is in the heart of the clock making country. It is
a French speaking town. They still have manufacturing there and at least
one major store for buying machine tools.
lg
no neat sig line

"hairbear" wrote in message
These are pictures of part of an unknown machine from 1924.

The following description was provided:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_1.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_2.JPG

Two photos of the vertical ? slide part of a machine.The only markings

1924 No. 1142 LIENHARD CONSTRUCTEURS LA CHAUX-DEFONDS SUISSE

I got it from a retired toolmaker in Sydney, Australia who inherited
it and we'd be interested in any ideas what it might have been from.

Thanks for looking,
Greg.

larry g

I did a search on "lienhard machine" and come up with a couple of engine
turning machines forsale at Golds Machinery. Look there for a picture of
the machine that this may have come off of.
lg
no neat sig line

"hairbear" wrote in message
These are pictures of part of an unknown machine from 1924.

The following description was provided:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_1.JPG

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/slide_2.JPG

Two photos of the vertical ? slide part of a machine.The only markings

1924 No. 1142 LIENHARD CONSTRUCTEURS LA CHAUX-DEFONDS SUISSE

I got it from a retired toolmaker in Sydney, Australia who inherited
it and we'd be interested in any ideas what it might have been from.

Thanks for looking,
Greg.

hairbear

In article ,
"larry g" wrote:

I did a search on "lienhard machine" and come up with a couple of engine
turning machines forsale at Golds Machinery. Look there for a picture of
the machine that this may have come off of.
lg
no neat sig line

Thanks larry,

guess i'll have to find the rest of it now !

Cheers,

Greg.

hairbear

In article ,
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

My guess is that it is a part off a straight line engine turning machine
Probably the mainslide
Go to;
http://www.pledge.co.uk/
and noodle around in their tech ref section and see if it fills the bill.

Paul K. Dickman

Thanks Paul, just had a look now.

That seems to be the answer, all right.

Greg.