Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 2001 Ford Ranger help! "Fuel Pump"

RogerN wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

snip
Also..anyone know of a place that sells fuel pumps for less than the
$235!!!!!! that Autozone wants for theirs? CarQuest is about the same
price. Any alternative suggestions?

Help!

Gunner

Rock Auto had some in the $120 range, not sure of the quality but their
online parts lookup catalog seems pretty nice.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

RogerN

Ford had a habit of running the ground return right back to the battery
ground. They put an inline connector right near the battery with the
wire size of about 16awg. I have had problems with this connection. Of
course my vehicle was a little older than yours, but it is an easy thing
to check.
John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:16:50 -0500, John
wrote:

RogerN wrote:
[...]

Thanks John..Ill check that too.

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 21:51:07 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

snip
Also..anyone know of a place that sells fuel pumps for less than the
$235!!!!!! that Autozone wants for theirs? CarQuest is about the same

ERROR
Your first sentence was a question but it was ended with "!!!!!!"

Question 1: What is the optimal amount of punctuation marks used to
end a sentence?

Answer 1: One. ALWAYS.

Question 2: What is the maximum amount of punctuation marks allowed
at the end of a sentence?

Answer 2: One. ALWAYS. This applies to exclamation points ! and
question marks ? equally.

Question 3: How smart does a person look when they load up on
punctuation marks at the end of sentences?

Answer 3: You really don't want to know that.

Thank you.

Your English Teacher.
unloading English Teacher module

/Nitpick Of The Day

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You obviously are not aware of the punctuation for Shocked
Incredulity.

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

ERROR
Your first sentence was a question but it was ended with "!!!!!!"

Perhaps you have never seen how professional script and song writers
punctuate their blogs;

Any. Way. They. Want!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I refer you to Question 3 once again. sigh

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Those are old, antiquated, obscure rules back from the days when punctuation
marks were is short supply, they don't grow on trees, you know. If you run
low on punctuation marks, just download documents and delete the punctuation
marks until you fill the computer back up with them.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Smart? Me? Im just a por ol redneck!!!!!!!

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Since we are picking nits, the use of the word 'amount' is incorrect
in your post.

http://grammar.about.com/od/words/a/amount.htm

'Number' is the word you should have used.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yippee Tie One On, pardner. g

Unfortunately, I haven't yet seen any ability to ship things via USPS,
UPS, or FedEX, either. / subtle hint #37

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Neither have I..since I pulled the fuel tank this afternoon and may
have to install a fuel pump from AutoZone or CarQuest tommorow.

I have $257.37 in my total money...savings and on my person. Ive got 2
jobs to do in LA Friday..and Im not sure I can even make it
there...let along get paid promptly so I can get home.

That fuel pump..if its the issue..will cost $217.97 plus tax, plus I
have to buy some hose, etc. See my other post on the subject.

So yes..I owe you a bunch of tools for the $25 you sent me. Plus an 80
gig hard drive filled with books.

And again..Im sorry..but it may have to wait. Same with Snag.

Im on my second draft of a resume for employment locally..and will be
sending them out next week.

Gunner