Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Goose fell from the sky

We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still
warm. There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

Its neck was broken and had a scratch mark.

We decided to eat it and cleaned this goose to prepare it. We found
out that some of its intestines were ruptured from the fall.

The goose itself seemed otherwise healthy, no parasites etc. Quickly
cooked its heart and liver and it was really good stuff. The goose
body itself, my guy will cook in his kitchen at his house.

The heart was clearly very young and healhy, the meat of it was soft
after just 15 minutes of boiling. We both decided that it was a young
goose.

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose
death. Could it have hit overhead wires?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus21685" wrote in message
We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still
warm. There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

Its neck was broken and had a scratch mark.

We decided to eat it and cleaned this goose to prepare it. We found
out that some of its intestines were ruptured from the fall.

The goose itself seemed otherwise healthy, no parasites etc. Quickly
cooked its heart and liver and it was really good stuff. The goose
body itself, my guy will cook in his kitchen at his house.

The heart was clearly very young and healhy, the meat of it was soft
after just 15 minutes of boiling. We both decided that it was a young
goose.

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose
death. Could it have hit overhead wires?

H7N9 avian flu virus ?

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 27/11/2013 12:26 PM, Ignoramus21685 wrote:
We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still
warm. There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

Its neck was broken and had a scratch mark.

We decided to eat it and cleaned this goose to prepare it. We found
out that some of its intestines were ruptured from the fall.

The goose itself seemed otherwise healthy, no parasites etc. Quickly
cooked its heart and liver and it was really good stuff. The goose
body itself, my guy will cook in his kitchen at his house.

The heart was clearly very young and healhy, the meat of it was soft
after just 15 minutes of boiling. We both decided that it was a young
goose.

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose
death. Could it have hit overhead wires?

ERYSIPELAS?

Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae is somewhat unique in that it can infect
over 50 animal species and can also infect humans. In the latter case,
the infection usually enters through scratches or puncture wounds and is
considered a safety issue for people working with infected animals.
Human infections can be treated with antibiotics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 22:26:53 -0600, Ignoramus21685 wrote:

We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still warm.
There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

Its neck was broken and had a scratch mark.

We decided to eat it and cleaned this goose to prepare it. We found out
that some of its intestines were ruptured from the fall.

The goose itself seemed otherwise healthy, no parasites etc. Quickly
cooked its heart and liver and it was really good stuff. The goose body
itself, my guy will cook in his kitchen at his house.

The heart was clearly very young and healhy, the meat of it was soft
after just 15 minutes of boiling. We both decided that it was a young
goose.

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose death.
Could it have hit overhead wires?

The bible says you're not supposed to eat things you find dead on the
road (see Tom's and Kennedy's comments for reasons, unless you just want
to go with "because God said so").

Putting that aside, it probably got hit by a car and bounced into your
lot, or it smacked into a pole or building or whatnot. It may even have
fallen prey to an ambitious raptor of some sort -- do you have Peregrine
falcons around there?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still
warm. There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

Its neck was broken and had a scratch mark.

We decided to eat it and cleaned this goose to prepare it. We found
out that some of its intestines were ruptured from the fall.

The goose itself seemed otherwise healthy, no parasites etc. Quickly
cooked its heart and liver and it was really good stuff. The goose
body itself, my guy will cook in his kitchen at his house.

The heart was clearly very young and healhy, the meat of it was soft
after just 15 minutes of boiling. We both decided that it was a young
goose.

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose
death. Could it have hit overhead wires?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Iggy,

From the "scratch", it reads like a bird-strike, or it hit something
in flight. Or if it was female, maybe she was bitching at the old
gander about waiting so long to fly south that now it's cold and wet,
and he gave her a swat to shut her up?

Take care.

Brian Lawson

ps...Write again tomorrow so we know if it was poisonous or not.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus21685 fired this volley in
:

We found a dead goose in front of our warehouse. It was still
warm. There was no blood (ie, the goose was not shot or bitten).

I am wondering what could cause such a clearly untimely goose
death. Could it have hit overhead wires?

About Raptors: Not likely to attack a bird as large as a goose.
About Disease: Sick animals set down somewhere and die slowly. They
don't just 'fall out of the sky'.

On your question, Ig... DO YOU HAVE overhead wires high enough to be in a
'normal' flight approach to (or departure from) nearby bodies of water
big enough to host a gaggle of them?

Geese tend to argue and fuss with one-another while in formation, often
paying more attention to that than where they're going. All they have to
pay close attention to is maintaining wing-tip distance/angle from the
next bird up the line.

Some American flight demonstration pilots have bored into the ground
doing exactly the same thing.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

About Raptors: Not likely to attack a bird as large as a goose.
About Disease: Sick animals set down somewhere and die slowly. They
don't just 'fall out of the sky'.

I agree.

On your question, Ig... DO YOU HAVE overhead wires high enough to be in a
'normal' flight approach to (or departure from) nearby bodies of water
big enough to host a gaggle of them?

Exactly. Yes. I have overhead wires and a retention pond, the wires
would be on approach to the retention pond.

Geese tend to argue and fuss with one-another while in formation, often
paying more attention to that than where they're going. All they have to
pay close attention to is maintaining wing-tip distance/angle from the
next bird up the line.

OK, great. The liver and heart tasted exceptional, I am looking
forward to eating the whole goose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburghlloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

About Raptors: Not likely to attack a bird as large as a goose.
About Disease: Sick animals set down somewhere and die slowly. They
don't just 'fall out of the sky'.

I agree.

On your question, Ig... DO YOU HAVE overhead wires high enough to be in a
'normal' flight approach to (or departure from) nearby bodies of water
big enough to host a gaggle of them?

Exactly. Yes. I have overhead wires and a retention pond, the wires
would be on approach to the retention pond.

Geese tend to argue and fuss with one-another while in formation, often
paying more attention to that than where they're going. All they have to
pay close attention to is maintaining wing-tip distance/angle from the
next bird up the line.

OK, great. The liver and heart tasted exceptional, I am looking
forward to eating the whole goose.

Very few birds can see completely forward. They have to continually move
their head from side to side so one eye can see where they are going. I
think your goose was just looking the wrong way. Wires are really hard
to see until you are right on top of them.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

About Raptors: Not likely to attack a bird as large as a goose.
About Disease: Sick animals set down somewhere and die slowly. They
don't just 'fall out of the sky'.

I agree.

On your question, Ig... DO YOU HAVE overhead wires high enough to be in a
'normal' flight approach to (or departure from) nearby bodies of water
big enough to host a gaggle of them?

Exactly. Yes. I have overhead wires and a retention pond, the wires
would be on approach to the retention pond.

Geese tend to argue and fuss with one-another while in formation, often
paying more attention to that than where they're going. All they have to
pay close attention to is maintaining wing-tip distance/angle from the
next bird up the line.

OK, great. The liver and heart tasted exceptional, I am looking
forward to eating the whole goose.

Oftentimes it's against the law.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:OM2dnTP9mb41hwvPnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Oftentimes it's against the law.

There is that... Actually not really "against the law", but is it if you
fail ask permission from a wildlife officer before taking the animal;
especially if it's on the game list in your region (and maybe even in
season now).

Down here, we mostly accidentally kill deer with motor vehicles. You can
take it IF the LEO investigating the accident gives you permission to do
so. Sometimes they say "no", then if you watch, they load it up in their
own vehicle! G

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:OM2dnTP9mb41hwvPnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Oftentimes it's against the law.

There is that... Actually not really "against the law", but is it if you
fail ask permission from a wildlife officer before taking the animal;
especially if it's on the game list in your region (and maybe even in
season now).

Down here, we mostly accidentally kill deer with motor vehicles. You can
take it IF the LEO investigating the accident gives you permission to do
so. Sometimes they say "no", then if you watch, they load it up in their
own vehicle! G

LLoyd

I am expecting black helicopters to swoop down any time now...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Around Seattle we have salmon fall out of the sky, when eagles drop them.

But when you find a frozen salmon, it slid off a truck.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:08:27 -0600, Ignoramus26213

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:OM2dnTP9mb41hwvPnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Oftentimes it's against the law.

There is that... Actually not really "against the law", but is it if you
fail ask permission from a wildlife officer before taking the animal;
especially if it's on the game list in your region (and maybe even in
season now).

Down here, we mostly accidentally kill deer with motor vehicles. You can
take it IF the LEO investigating the accident gives you permission to do
so. Sometimes they say "no", then if you watch, they load it up in their
own vehicle! G

LLoyd

I am expecting black helicopters to swoop down any time now...

Hey, they're real, guys. They showed up at my house about 15 years
ago in Vista, CA. They landed in the park across the street from me.
http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...blackhelo2.jpg
That was one of the unusual rainy days in LoCal.

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

Might be due to your impure thoughts you were thinking. They know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

Indeed they are real. What their purpose is..still remains
unclear..but that in itself is suspect.

Gunner

__
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
- Heinlein

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

If they knew -those-, I'd be behind bars long, long ago. g
I learned that impure thoughts and sex were sins, and that sins were
forgiven, so I've been free ever since. Can I get an Amen, son?

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.
-- George F. Will
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2013-11-27, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
[...]

As is the increasingly militarization of the police forces, ATF, FBI,
and the rest of Homeland Security. Sumpin ain't Kosher in DC or
throughout the land. Duck and cover, Brother.

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.
-- George F. Will
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news

Might be due to your impure thoughts you were thinking. They know.

If they knew -those-, I'd be behind bars long, long ago. g
I learned that impure thoughts and sex were sins, and that sins were
forgiven, so I've been free ever since. Can I get an Amen, son?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE7v...6913A97CC2E39B

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 3.70...
"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley
in news:OM2dnTP9mb41hwvPnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@scnresearch. com:

Oftentimes it's against the law.

There is that... Actually not really "against the law", but is it if you
fail ask permission from a wildlife officer before taking the animal;
especially if it's on the game list in your region (and maybe even in
season now).

Down here, we mostly accidentally kill deer with motor vehicles. You can
take it IF the LEO investigating the accident gives you permission to do
so. Sometimes they say "no", then if you watch, they load it up in their
own vehicle! G

I seem to recall reading that a while back in Alaska, the number of
"automobile accidents" involving moose went up tremendously due to similar
legislation.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 23:20:01 -0800, "azotic"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news

Might be due to your impure thoughts you were thinking. They know.

If they knew -those-, I'd be behind bars long, long ago. g
I learned that impure thoughts and sex were sins, and that sins were
forgiven, so I've been free ever since. Can I get an Amen, son?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sE7v...6913A97CC2E39B

I'm surprised it wasn't this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yqbLHYbcI