Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It's official

After making money at yard sales and estate sales, SWMBO has given
blanket approval for me to go into the junk business. Oh, I mean good
junk, but nonetheless, to go out and find items for resale at storage
sales or whatever. I figured after I did it for a while and showed her
I was actually selling stuff, and not building up my own tool inventory.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and think I can do well.

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:22:04 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

After making money at yard sales and estate sales, SWMBO has given
blanket approval for me to go into the junk business. Oh, I mean good
junk, but nonetheless, to go out and find items for resale at storage
sales or whatever. I figured after I did it for a while and showed her
I was actually selling stuff, and not building up my own tool inventory.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and think I can do well.

Steve

I'd suggest you specialize in one area and become expert. My son buys
snowmobiles in need of repair in the spring. Sells perfect operating
ones after the first snow. He also buys four wheelers in need of
repair and sells in perfect runnning shape when it gets nice and warm
in the spring.

I buy farm equipment, upgrade, and resell.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/24/2013 1:53 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I'd suggest you specialize in one area and become expert. My son buys
snowmobiles in need of repair in the spring. Sells perfect operating
ones after the first snow. He also buys four wheelers in need of
repair and sells in perfect runnning shape when it gets nice and warm
in the spring.

I buy farm equipment, upgrade, and resell.

Karl

Sorry about the offlist note, clicked the wrong button.

A good idea. I used to pick window AC off the curb.
Clean them, add refrigerant if needed. Sell. Now,
window AC are $89 at Walmart, and there's no money
to be made on used ones.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in
message ...
After making money at yard sales and estate
sales, SWMBO has given blanket approval for me
to go into the junk business. Oh, I mean good
junk, but nonetheless, to go out and find items
for resale at storage sales or whatever. I
figured after I did it for a while and showed
her I was actually selling stuff, and not
building up my own tool inventory.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and think I
can do well.

Steve

What, panning for gold didn't work out?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-10-24, SteveB wrote:
After making money at yard sales and estate sales, SWMBO has given
blanket approval for me to go into the junk business. Oh, I mean good
junk, but nonetheless, to go out and find items for resale at storage
sales or whatever. I figured after I did it for a while and showed her
I was actually selling stuff, and not building up my own tool inventory.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and think I can do well.

Steve

Great business for a retired person who is not gullible and has some
modest amount of capital.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

After making money at yard sales and estate sales, SWMBO has given
blanket approval for me to go into the junk business. Oh, I mean good
junk, but nonetheless, to go out and find items for resale at storage
sales or whatever. I figured after I did it for a while and showed her
I was actually selling stuff, and not building up my own tool inventory.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, and think I can do well.

Steve

I'd suggest you specialize in one area and become expert. My son buys
snowmobiles in need of repair in the spring. Sells perfect operating
ones after the first snow. He also buys four wheelers in need of
repair and sells in perfect runnning shape when it gets nice and warm
in the spring.

I buy farm equipment, upgrade, and resell.

I do industrial equipment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus29024 fired this volley in
:

I do industrial equipment.

I design and build NEW industrial equipment, so you can sell it as surplus
'junk' once it's retired!

But, as you well know, I still _buy_ some of that 'junk' myself! G

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-10-25, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus29024 fired this volley in
:

I do industrial equipment.

I design and build NEW industrial equipment, so you can sell it as surplus
'junk' once it's retired!

But, as you well know, I still _buy_ some of that 'junk' myself! G

The way I see it, "industrial" to me is stuff that people use to make
money. Usually used "industrial" is not junk.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:28:15 -0500, Ignoramus29024

On 2013-10-25, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus29024 fired this volley in
:

I do industrial equipment.

I design and build NEW industrial equipment, so you can sell it as surplus
'junk' once it's retired!

But, as you well know, I still _buy_ some of that 'junk' myself! G

The way I see it, "industrial" to me is stuff that people use to make
money. Usually used "industrial" is not junk.

Yeah, the machine is simply not as profitable any more, but it
certainly is not junk. But we thank them for pricing it that way,
right?

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The way I see it, "industrial" to me is stuff that people use to make
money. Usually used "industrial" is not junk.

When I worked for the big corporation we certainly bought some large
industrial equipment that turned out to be junk.

Karl