Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default (OT) 1990 Mustanf steering rack replacement

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a 1990 mustang gt. I purchased a replacement rack for it becasue of a power steering leak. Last night I finished the install but am second guessing something. I have the stock intermediate shaft fromt he steering wheel section to the steering rack. When I went to re install this I noticed something. On the steering rack input shaft there is a top splined section, a non grooved section horizontally around the shaft, then another splined section. The rag joint end of the intermediate joint is what goes onto this steering rack input shaft. I can only get this over the first set of splines on the steering input shaft, down to that non splined area. I am not sure if the intermediate shaft is supposed to go down over the second set of splines or not. I dont see how it can becasue there is no extra length in this shaft and the hole in the shaft must line up with the hole in the steering wheel side becasue a bolt goes through it.

Like I said I just wanted to make sure. I appreciate any help!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
[...]

===

Call your local Ford dealer.