Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BYE BYE to the anti gun twins...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

--
Steve W.

As a added bonus mayor gloomberg the gun graber from NY ****ed away
300 million of his own money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/11/2013 1:50 AM, azotic wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

--
Steve W.

As a added bonus mayor gloomberg the gun graber from NY ****ed away
300 million of his own money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards
Tom.

That was $300,000 that he wasted.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:50:15 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

Way to go, Coloradans!

As a added bonus mayor gloomberg the gun graber from NY ****ed away
300 million of his own money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

Way to go, Coloradans!

As a added bonus mayor gloomberg the gun graber from NY ****ed away
300 million of his own money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen

so now we wait for the next columbine or sandy hook - and we will just
count up the dead. We get about one of these per year and the rate
seems to be increasing. I don't know how many schools, theaters, and
shopping malls need to be shot up by crazed gun lovers with high
capacity automatic weapons, but there may come a time when enough people
get disgusted to take back the second amendment and put it where it is
supposed to be - not a right to murder your fellow citizens - in fact
the right thing is to either repeal it or define it to refer only to
weapons available in 1776. But until we the people come to our senses,
we will see more and more of these murders, and we will see the NRA
gloat over them and continue to tell us how more guns are the answer.
When the last american dies in a hail of his or her own bullets, maybe
then it will end. I hope it ends differently

--
For a $5 dollar donation today you get credit for $10 with HIM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ver-gun-votes/

Way to go, Coloradans!

As a added bonus mayor gloomberg the gun graber from NY ****ed away
300 million of his own money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen

It does gladden your heart when common sense prevails once in a while,
doesn't it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

What we need are laws against people killing other people! Or, maybe
laws against ANY kind of weapon! How about laws to prevent crazy people
from being in schools, theaters and shopping malls? There, problem SOLVED!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message
[...]

What percentage of those gun deaths are suicides?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John B." wrote in message

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

One can only marvel at the stupidity of anyone who would even attempt to
compare the two.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Columbine and Sandy Hook were already gun free
zones. How is passing more laws going to make
the zones any more gun free?

Perhaps instead of "it's not working, do it
harder", we should look at sensible alternatives
like armed citizens who can defend the helpless?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:59:23 +0700, John B.
wrote:

snip

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

A correction he We have entire agencies (the NHTSA), research
conducted under the Highway Safety Act of 1970, and extensive research
and industry standards *by* the manufacturers to improve automobile
safety. I'm writing an article right now about the American Iron and
Steel Institute research on steels that improve side-impact and roof
intrusion.

It's a vast operation and the result has been a sharp reduction in
per-mile accident and death rates.

So your "ignoring the larger evil" line is absolute nonsense. It's the
opposite of reality.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I suggest we allow only modes of transportation
which were available in 1776. It's for the
children!

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/12/2013 7:59 AM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:20:05 -0700, a friend
the right thing is to either repeal it or define it to refer only to
weapons available in 1776. But until we the people come to our senses,
we will see more and more of these murders, and we will see the NRA

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.
Cheers,
John B.

Worse, it refuses to admit that they are mostly Drug deaths.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/12/2013 9:43 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:59:23 +0700, John
wrote:

snip

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

A correction he We have entire agencies (the NHTSA), research
conducted under the Highway Safety Act of 1970, and extensive research
and industry standards *by* the manufacturers to improve automobile
safety. I'm writing an article right now about the American Iron and
Steel Institute research on steels that improve side-impact and roof
intrusion.

It's a vast operation and the result has been a sharp reduction in
per-mile accident and death rates.

So your "ignoring the larger evil" line is absolute nonsense. It's the
opposite of reality.

Now how does putting a little extra steel in the door lower
the accident RATE???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"John B." wrote in message

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

One can only marvel at the stupidity of anyone who would even attempt to
compare the two.

Really? Then the anti gunners must be a load of idiots since they keep
comparing their ides for gun registration to a drivers license and car
owners.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I suggest we allow only modes of transportation
which were available in 1776. It's for the
children!

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

On 9/12/2013 7:59 AM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:20:05 -0700, a friend
the right thing is to either repeal it or define it to refer only to
weapons available in 1776. But until we the people come to our senses,
we will see more and more of these murders, and we will see the NRA

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

--
Cheers,

John B.

And the only free speech allowed should be the same way. Ubless the
methods were around in 1776 you can't use them.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:28:48 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 9/12/2013 9:43 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 18:59:23 +0700, John
wrote:

snip

[...]

Injury rate. And it's steel with 3X the tensile strength of the stuff
being used now -- which is twice the rate it was in 1975.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 9/12/2013 12:48 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
per-mile accident and death rates.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:20:02 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 9/12/2013 12:48 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
per-mile accident and death rates.

And I corrected that and said "injury rates."

OK? Jeez, everybody's an editor. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Please explain why you think it is so counter-productive to require background checks before gun purchases. Also, explain why ANYONE needs to be able to fire 15 rounds before reloading.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:42:43 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps instead of "it's not working, do it
harder", we should look at sensible alternatives
like armed citizens who can defend the helpless?

Yeah, sure. You pronounce that "George Zimmerman."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"John B." wrote in message

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.

One can only marvel at the stupidity of anyone who would even attempt to
compare the two.

Really? Then the anti gunners must be a load of idiots since they keep
comparing their ides for gun registration to a drivers license and car
owners.

Are you trying to say that we'd see less automobile deaths if all of a
sudden driver's licenses were no longer required?

http://www.bloomberg.com/image/i3cs6F7hTHkc.jpg

Bottom line here is if you aren't capable of independant thought, so
instead, you repeat bumper sticker slogans instead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

One can only marvel at the mentality that seizes on the lessor while
ignoring the larger evil.
Cheers,
John B.

Worse, it refuses to admit that they are mostly Drug deaths.

You're full of ****, Jim.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message

[...]

I believe it is thought to be a cure for erectile dysfunction. The
more bullets you got....
Rather like calling things "tactical" and painting them black.

Back in Shakespeare's day chaps used to advertise by wearing a large
"codpiece", now with the change in clothing styles that choice is gone
which leaves Mr. Modern Man nothing to demonstrate his manliness
except a big, black, shoot many times, gun.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John B. wrote in news:8oa339ps4tntimq4geqaljdj9kmbt0g2mn@
4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/14/2013 08:32 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
John B. wrote in news:8oa339ps4tntimq4geqaljdj9kmbt0g2mn@
4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

Got a cite? I wanna see this for myself.

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

so now we wait for the next columbine or sandy hook - and we will just
count up the dead. We get about one of these per year and the rate
seems to be increasing. I don't know how many schools, theaters, and
shopping malls need to be shot up by crazed gun lovers

Oddly enough..it only happens in Gun Free Zones..which you Leftards
leave handy for the shooters (almost ALWAYS Democrats btw) to do their
dirty work.

Im curious..when was the last time a gun show was shot up by a
deranged gunman?

Hummmm?

drivel snipped)

Gunner

"The socialist movement takes great pains to circulate frequently new labels for its ideally constructed state.
Each worn-out label is replaced by another which raises hopes of an ultimate solution of the insoluble basic
problem of Socialism, until it becomes obvious that nothing has been changed but the name.
The most recent slogan is "State Capitalism."[Fascism] It is not commonly realized that this covers nothing more
than what used to be called Planned Economy and State Socialism, and that State Capitalism, Planned Economy,
and State Socialism diverge only in non-essentials from the "classic" ideal of egalitarian Socialism. - Ludwig von Mises (1922)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:16:14 -0500, technomaNge wrote:

On 09/14/2013 08:32 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
John B. wrote in news:8oa339ps4tntimq4geqaljdj9kmbt0g2mn@
4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

Got a cite? I wanna see this for myself.

Here's 2010 data from the National Vital Statistics Reports:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf

[page 18 as Acrobat counts pages]

"2010, motor-vehicle traffic-related injuries resulted in 33,687
deaths"

"In 2010, 31,672 persons died from firearm injuries in the United
States"

--
Ed Huntress

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 01:32:58 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

Only if you consider cops shooting bad guys..and good citizens
defending themselves is "murder"

"The socialist movement takes great pains to circulate frequently new labels for its ideally constructed state.
Each worn-out label is replaced by another which raises hopes of an ultimate solution of the insoluble basic
problem of Socialism, until it becomes obvious that nothing has been changed but the name.
The most recent slogan is "State Capitalism."[Fascism] It is not commonly realized that this covers nothing more
than what used to be called Planned Economy and State Socialism, and that State Capitalism, Planned Economy,
and State Socialism diverge only in non-essentials from the "classic" ideal of egalitarian Socialism. - Ludwig von Mises (1922)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

John B. wrote in news:8oa339ps4tntimq4geqaljdj9kmbt0g2mn@
4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

I see, you want to count those who have decided that life is no longer
living? I assume that you believe that without a gun they would not
be able to kill themselves?

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

so now we wait for the next columbine or sandy hook - and we will just
count up the dead. We get about one of these per year and the rate
seems to be increasing. I don't know how many schools, theaters, and
shopping malls need to be shot up by crazed gun lovers

Oddly enough..it only happens in Gun Free Zones..which you Leftards
leave handy for the shooters (almost ALWAYS Democrats btw) to do their
dirty work.

Im curious..when was the last time a gun show was shot up by a
deranged gunman?

Hummmm?

Yeah, or a donut shop or rifle range?

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

Only if you consider cops shooting bad guys..and good citizens
defending themselves is "murder"

You forgot to include the fact that over 80% of those murders are
gangbangers killing each other. I'd call that an entirely Good
Thing(tm) if it weren't for the fact that too many innocents get hit
with the driveby shootings.

When I'm king, gang membership will be a hanging offense. No more
$40k/yr (per offender) warehousing costs before they're returned to
the streets with even more evil skills and deadly attitude, thanks.

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John B. wrote in news:lg7b39himjt7mektqorjq403qf1ba8p9mg@
4ax.com:

wrote:

John B. wrote in

4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

I see, you want to count those who have decided that life is no longer
living? I assume that you believe that without a gun they would not
be able to kill themselves?

I want to correct a false statement, that is all. The claim that there are 11,000 gun deaths in
the US annually is false.

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

False again. The most common method is a firearm.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/15/2013 08:50 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

False again. The most common method is a firearm.

If you are talking about Japanese suicides, I'd like a cite
as I want to see for myself.

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge on Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:16:14 -0500 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On 09/14/2013 08:32 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
John B. wrote in news:8oa339ps4tntimq4geqaljdj9kmbt0g2mn@
4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

Got a cite? I wanna see this for myself.

If the number of gun deaths is near the number of automobile
deaths, it probably has more to do with safer cars, fewer injury
accidents, and better trauma care saving the lives of those who would
have died of their injuries a few years ago.

technomaNge

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge wrote in :

On 09/15/2013 08:50 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

False again. The most common method is a firearm.

If you are talking about Japanese suicides, I'd like a cite
as I want to see for myself.

My mistake, I was in a hurry, didn't see the reference to Japan, and thought the discussion
was still about the US. I withdraw that statement.

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote in
:

[...]

Better trauma care is also turning a lot of would-be homicides with a firearm into aggravated
assaults instead.

The main reason the number of gun deaths is so close to the number of automobile deaths
is the very large number of firearm suicides. The claim that there are only 11,000 gun
*deaths* in the US annually is simply false. That's the number of gun *murders*. The total
number of deaths from firearms is about three times that high.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news

When I'm king, gang membership will be a hanging offense. No more
$40k/yr (per offender) warehousing costs before they're returned to
the streets with even more evil skills and deadly attitude, thanks.

Organ harvesting is a better option, gangbangers can finaly
do some good. If human organs are monitorized bangers
can be harvested and sold on the commodities market just
like any other crop. Unemployment would go down and
the GDP would go up. The unusable leftovers could be
sold as organic fertilizer. A 10% excise tax on these
products would be used to compensate crime victims.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

John B. wrote in

4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

I see, you want to count those who have decided that life is no longer
living? I assume that you believe that without a gun they would not
be able to kill themselves?

I want to correct a false statement, that is all. The claim that there are 11,000 gun deaths in
the US annually is false.

Technically correct but on the other hand, if someone hangs themselves
do we call it a "rope death"? Or slashes them with a razor blade a
"razor death"? Or do we just say "they killed themselves"?

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

False again. The most common method is a firearm.

The statement referred to Japanese methods of killing themselves, and
is correct.
--
Cheers,

John B.

OT poster admits he copied everything Don't Confuse Being Anti-Obama With Anti-Government Wok Dissuade Metalworking 0 May 5th 10 05:02 AM
General Health, Weight Loss, Anti Biotics, Anti fr5wp herpes. [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 4th 08 04:21 PM
General Health, Weight Loss, Anti Biotics, Anti llns9 herpes. [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 3rd 08 05:58 PM
Twins? LM Woodworking 1 November 4th 05 07:09 AM
Twins to a King RJ Home Ownership 4 March 13th 05 11:44 PM