Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default BYE BYE to the anti gun twins...

John B. wrote in news:lg7b39himjt7mektqorjq403qf1ba8p9mg@
4ax.com:

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 01:32:58 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

John B. wrote in

4ax.com:

The U.S. kills some 37,000 people annually in auto accidents and
injures an additional 2.35 million. Versus a miserable 11,000 gun
deaths.

This is not true.

There are approximately 10,000 to 11,000 gun *murders* in the U.S. annually.

And more than half again as many suicides.

The total number of gun deaths in the U.S. is very close to the total number of automobile
deaths. Not quite, but very close -- within less than ten percent.

I see, you want to count those who have decided that life is no longer
living? I assume that you believe that without a gun they would not
be able to kill themselves?

I want to correct a false statement, that is all. The claim that there are 11,000 gun deaths in
the US annually is false.

If so you obviously lack knowledge of this world. At Jonestown some
900 people committed suicide and not a gun on the house. The Japanese,
have some of the most draconian gun laws in the world and the major
cause of death in males age 20 - 44 is suicide. The most common method
seems to be jumping in front of trains, leaping off high places,
hanging, or overdosing on medication

False again. The most common method is a firearm.