Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New comp , new killfile

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years
ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cliff Huprich's Ghost" wrote in message
.. .
On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.

Ya see , people like you are the reason killfiles exist . I'm posting now
from a laptop that I've been using for several months now up here in
Arkansas . Which means that you weren't in my killfile . If you've posted
recently it was to contribute , or I'd have tossed your sorry ass in the
BoZoBiN already .
--
Snag
Oversight corrected ploink

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
"Cliff Huprich's Ghost" wrote in message
.. .
On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.

Ya see , people like you are the reason killfiles exist . I'm posting now
from a laptop that I've been using for several months now up here in
Arkansas . Which means that you weren't in my killfile . If you've posted
recently it was to contribute , or I'd have tossed your sorry ass in the
BoZoBiN already .
--

Pretty sure he's never posted here before today, killfiling is kinda like
playing whack-a-mole, at least for a while, what with all the sock puppets.

Good luck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years
ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Thanks , Ed , but I prefer to go on a case-by-case basis . On the Linux
issue , consider Ubuntu , Last version I liked was 10/04 LTS , the next LTS
version 12/04? sucked . Very nice GUI , intuitive and easy to use.
--
Snag
But I don't think MS is going to drop XP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 13 Aug 2013
00:15:54 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years
ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

My impression of WIn8 - based on the computers in the various
stores - "Oh look, they've managed to recreate AOL, and make a great
big toy computer."

Sorry, I don't want "apps" I want programs. I may just get me a
retrofitted system with Win7 just for back up.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:14:11 -0700, Cliff Huprich's Ghost

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:14:11 -0700
From: Cliff Huprich's Ghost
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: New comp , new killfile

On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.

this might help when settting up the kill file

Worked just fine. I had to go and dig out his post from the
automatically deleted files

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years
ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

Who cares what M$ does? I've still got W2K systems running just fine, in
addition to XP and 7 systems. As with most things, the truth is that 8
is indeed better in some ways, and not in others. No 8 machines here yet
though and probably not for some time since all my machines are doing
just fine.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 13/08/2013 12:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

If I knew how to I'd send you my filters (thunderbird)!

Enjoy the next week or two weeding out the *******.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.

Congratulation. you are the first name on the list :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is the old machine toast? If not, you should be able to export-import
your old kill file. Emphasis on "should". G Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-08-13, BQ340 wrote:
On 8/13/2013 12:09 AM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

If you just kill all crossposted messages, that will remove 90% of the
crap posts

This is what I do. I also killfile a few people. This fully takes care
of the problem.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/13/2013 12:00 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:14:11 -0700, Cliff Huprich's Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15
years ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

Thanks, Ed, but I prefer to go on a case-by-case basis. On the Linux
issue, consider Ubuntu, Last version I liked was 10/04 LTS, the next LTS
version 12/04? sucked. Very nice GUI, intuitive and easy to use.

Who's Ed?

I have several live disks, including Unbuntu & Lucid Puppy which I
use to test hardware on corrupted Win systems.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote:

Who cares what M$ does? I've still got W2K systems running just fine, in
addition to XP and 7 systems. As with most things, the truth is that 8
is indeed better in some ways, and not in others. No 8 machines here yet
though and probably not for some time since all my machines are doing
just fine.

The problem is finding drivers for EOL OSs.

I have working computers back to the Commodore VIC20, and some DOS
3.0 systems but new software and drivers don't exist.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Is the old machine toast? If not, you should be able to export-import
your old kill file. Emphasis on "should". G Bob

His headers say he is using:

Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15
years ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

Thanks, Ed, but I prefer to go on a case-by-case basis. On the Linux
issue, consider Ubuntu, Last version I liked was 10/04 LTS, the next LTS
version 12/04? sucked. Very nice GUI, intuitive and easy to use.

Who's Ed?

Umm , can I blame that on too many shots of 100 proof whiskey ? Shoulda
gone to bed long before I posted that .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15
years ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

Thanks, Ed, but I prefer to go on a case-by-case basis. On the Linux
issue, consider Ubuntu, Last version I liked was 10/04 LTS, the next LTS
version 12/04? sucked. Very nice GUI, intuitive and easy to use.

Who's Ed?

Umm , can I blame that on too many shots of 100 proof whiskey ? Shoulda
gone to bed long before I posted that .

No problem. Just trying to keep you honest. ;-)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Is the old machine toast? If not, you should be able to export-import
your old kill file. Emphasis on "should". G Bob

His headers say he is using:

Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931

Yup , this is a new XP install on a comp that came with Vista . Still
missing a few drivers , not sure they exist for this comp/OS pair .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years
ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

XP won't quit working and they have a lot of the bugs squashed so why
switch? I have 2 Linux boxes or I should say drives that I boot from on
occasion. I just don't use it, it won't run Solidworks and that's 90%
of the work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So
far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15
years ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is
supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on
switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB
try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of
lies!

Thanks, Ed, but I prefer to go on a case-by-case basis. On the Linux
issue, consider Ubuntu, Last version I liked was 10/04 LTS, the next LTS
version 12/04? sucked. Very nice GUI, intuitive and easy to use.

Who's Ed?

I have several live disks, including Unbuntu & Lucid Puppy which I
use to test hardware on corrupted Win systems.

We know you are really Huntress!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:37:42 PM UTC-7, Tom Gardner wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So

far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years

ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is

supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on

switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB

try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of

lies!

XP won't quit working and they have a lot of the bugs squashed so why

switch? I have 2 Linux boxes or I should say drives that I boot from on

occasion. I just don't use it, it won't run Solidworks and that's 90%

of the work.

Tom Gardner is a CADCAM moron.

Windows 7 64bit is far better than Windows XP 64bit is for those running CADCAM applications like SolidWorks.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support...-windows-7.htm

In addition, most modern CADCAM applications no longer support Windows XP.

Tom Gardner runs a **** hole shop and is a lousy businessman having inherited his brush business from his parents.

It's unreasonable to expect a brain dead moron like Tom Gardner to understand anything about this subject as it applies to a modern machine shop.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I'll try that link . It's a Toshiba A215-S7437 from '07 .
Actually a pretty nice unit with a 1.9 Ghz dual core and 2 Gb of RAM
. One driver that's missing is something to do with vga
compatability , others are ?? --
Snag

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows...ers/td-p/15274

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

[...]

I would never lower my standards to that creep's.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:56:00 -0700, "678.714.5764"

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:56:00 -0700
From: "678.714.5764"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/13/2013 12:00 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:14:11 -0700, Cliff Huprich's Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:56:00 -0700
From: "678.714.5764"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:14:11 -0700
From: Cliff Huprich's Ghost
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/12/2013 9:09 PM, Snag's Shop wrote:
Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...
--
Snag sigh

Go **** yourself with a broken bottle, ****lips.

this might help when settting up the kill file

Worked just fine. I had to go and dig out his post from the
automatically deleted files

No, you didn't.

Snicker

You didn't do it this time, either.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I'll try that link . It's a Toshiba A215-S7437 from '07 .
Actually a pretty nice unit with a 1.9 Ghz dual core and 2 Gb of RAM
. One driver that's missing is something to do with vga
compatability , others are ?? --
Snag

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows...ers/td-p/15274

Thanks , Jim , that got rid of a few of those yellow question marks .

Sigless Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag's Shop" wrote in message

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I'll try that link . It's a Toshiba A215-S7437 from '07 .
Actually a pretty nice unit with a 1.9 Ghz dual core and 2 Gb of
RAM
. One driver that's missing is something to do with vga
compatability , others are ?? --
Snag

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows...ers/td-p/15274

Thanks , Jim , that got rid of a few of those yellow question marks
.

Sigless Snag

The popular brands and models may be easier (and cheaper) to support
as they age.
Here's a source of parts for your A215:
http://www.machinaelectronics.com/st...owseparts/2177

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag's Shop" wrote in message

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
I'll try that link . It's a Toshiba A215-S7437 from '07 .
Actually a pretty nice unit with a 1.9 Ghz dual core and 2 Gb of
RAM
. One driver that's missing is something to do with vga
compatability , others are ?? --
Snag

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows...ers/td-p/15274

Thanks , Jim , that got rid of a few of those yellow question marks
.

Sigless Snag

The popular brands and models may be easier (and cheaper) to support
as they age.
Here's a source of parts for your A215:
http://www.machinaelectronics.com/st...owseparts/2177

jsw

Actually the comp is in very good shape . Nothing's broke now and the
touch pad still looks new . I think about the only thing my son used it for
was to pay his bills online . He's a gamer , you should see his "desktop"
comp . My truck cost less ...
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

snip

Going from 3/8" comp to 1/4" comp for new fridge Mikepier Home Repair 0 December 5th 07 03:05 PM
comp raji Metalworking 0 November 14th 07 09:18 AM
OT - eminent domain How to killfile all these political losers? Bart D. Hull Metalworking 1 July 5th 05 03:33 PM
The ultimate filter/killfile Old Nick Metalworking 1 May 10th 05 04:16 PM
OT -Why use a killfile Cliff Metalworking 0 January 11th 05 11:10 PM