Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New comp , new killfile

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:37:42 PM UTC-7, Tom Gardner wrote:

Snag's Shop wrote:

Now I'm gonna have to start all over ...

Want a list to get you started? I have over 85 I can give you. So

far, I've managed to use the same files I started building over 15 years

ago.

I'm looking at switching to Linux on my next box. Microsplot is

supposed to pull the plug on XP early next year, and they insist on

switching to Win-8. As they say, Not EVEN! I had a sales droid at BB

try to convince me that it was so much better than XP. What a load of

lies!

XP won't quit working and they have a lot of the bugs squashed so why

switch? I have 2 Linux boxes or I should say drives that I boot from on

occasion. I just don't use it, it won't run Solidworks and that's 90%

of the work.

Tom Gardner is a CADCAM moron.

Windows 7 64bit is far better than Windows XP 64bit is for those running CADCAM applications like SolidWorks.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support...-windows-7.htm

In addition, most modern CADCAM applications no longer support Windows XP.

Tom Gardner runs a **** hole shop and is a lousy businessman having inherited his brush business from his parents.

It's unreasonable to expect a brain dead moron like Tom Gardner to understand anything about this subject as it applies to a modern machine shop.