Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yuasa Speeder

I recently acquired a Yuasa spindle speed multiplier with a straight shank. Woo! Hoo! The seller had said it had a 3/4 shank, and I already had a couple 3/4 Kwik 200 holders. Alas! As soon as I opened the box I knew the seller didn't own a caliper.... or even a ruler. LOL.

I had to chase down a 1" holder for the Hurco, but now I have the ability to turn upto 10,000 RPM. Knowing these speeders are hard to find, and new ones are expensive I want to take care of it. There is nothing in the box resembling documentation, so I was wondering about lubrication, bearing replacement (if needed), other service, power handling capability, etc.

Anybody have good direct knowledge of these or even a manual they could scan and forward? Be willing to share?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I recently acquired a Yuasa spindle speed multiplier with a straight
shank. Woo! Hoo! The seller had said it had a 3/4 shank, and I already
had a couple 3/4 Kwik 200 holders. Alas! As soon as I opened the box I
knew the seller didn't own a caliper.... or even a ruler. LOL.

I had to chase down a 1" holder for the Hurco, but now I have the ability
to turn upto 10,000 RPM. Knowing these speeders are hard to find, and new
ones are expensive I want to take care of it. There is nothing in the box
resembling documentation, so I was wondering about lubrication, bearing
replacement (if needed), other service, power handling capability, etc.

Anybody have good direct knowledge of these or even a manual they could
scan and forward? Be willing to share?

Thanks,
Bob

Even just a decent recommended service and interval would be appreciated.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

http://yuasa-intl.com might be a good place to look / contact.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-06, Bob La Londe wrote:
[...]

I just wanted to say congratulations, this one thing will expand your
mill's capabilities by so much! I am also looking for one.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

They sent me scans of original documentation. I've had such poor luck at
getting documentation on older equipment from the original companies the
last few times I've tried that I hadn't even tried until you suggested it.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

This is because of corporate acquisition carnage. I hate it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

I just got some new goodies, including a '40s vintage Norton 6x18
surface grinder (hydraulic traverse and cross feed). A quick search
online found the company that acquired the Norton grinder line, and they
have scans of the owners and parts manuals online for downloading. I
similarly found that Kohler has the manuals for 30+ year old engines all
scanned and will send you the links to download them if you email. Some
companies still support old stuff, and we should do what we can to
support them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

Clausing is one of them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:13:12 -0500, Ignoramus20041

On 2013-06-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

Speaking of "Supporting companies who still support Old Stuff" - has
anyone heard from Scott Logan lately?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-06-09, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

[...]

Add Fischer-Precise to the list. One of the goodies I got over the
weekend is a Precise S 65 high speed spindle. I emailed them requesting
any manuals or documentation on this older but nice unit before heading
out to lunch, an hour and a half later I get an email with a copy of the
manual for the spindle and other info. Very nice

The S 65 is a very nice high speed grinding / milling spindle, up to
45,000 RPM. I think this will work very nicely with a clamp on bracket
to hang it from the L320 quill and take care of my needs for higher than
the 4,500 RPM the mill spindle does.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:02:56 PM UTC-4, Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) wrote:

Speaking of "Supporting companies who still support Old Stuff" - has
anyone heard from Scott Logan lately?

He posted to the Yahoo lathe-list Saturday, May 25. And he sure is the poster boy for supporting old stuff.