Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yuasa Speeder

I recently acquired a Yuasa spindle speed multiplier with a straight shank. Woo! Hoo! The seller had said it had a 3/4 shank, and I already had a couple 3/4 Kwik 200 holders. Alas! As soon as I opened the box I knew the seller didn't own a caliper.... or even a ruler. LOL.

I had to chase down a 1" holder for the Hurco, but now I have the ability to turn upto 10,000 RPM. Knowing these speeders are hard to find, and new ones are expensive I want to take care of it. There is nothing in the box resembling documentation, so I was wondering about lubrication, bearing replacement (if needed), other service, power handling capability, etc.

Anybody have good direct knowledge of these or even a manual they could scan and forward? Be willing to share?

Thanks,
Bob