Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yuasa Speeder

"Pete C." wrote in message
. com...

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I recently acquired a Yuasa spindle speed multiplier with a straight
shank. Woo! Hoo! The seller had said it had a 3/4 shank, and I already
had a couple 3/4 Kwik 200 holders. Alas! As soon as I opened the box
knew the seller didn't own a caliper.... or even a ruler. LOL.

I had to chase down a 1" holder for the Hurco, but now I have the
ability
to turn upto 10,000 RPM. Knowing these speeders are hard to find, and
new
ones are expensive I want to take care of it. There is nothing in the
box
resembling documentation, so I was wondering about lubrication, bearing
replacement (if needed), other service, power handling capability, etc.

Anybody have good direct knowledge of these or even a manual they could
scan and forward? Be willing to share?

Thanks,
Bob

Even just a decent recommended service and interval would be appreciated.

http://yuasa-intl.com might be a good place to look / contact.

They sent me scans of original documentation. I've had such poor luck at
getting documentation on older equipment from the original companies the
last few times I've tried that I hadn't even tried until you suggested it.

Thanks.