Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default First gear...

Trident is due to deliver a hunk of 3.5" dia 1144 bar to make the gears
I need from along with some other stuff on Wednesday, but this morning I
dug around my junk bins and found a puck of bronze large enough to do a
test gear.

It took a good amount of time to turn the blank, broach the
key way and otherwise prep. I cut the gear on the CNC with manual
indexing, two passes to rough and finish each tooth.

The 66 tooth gear I cut used one of the new dividing plates I made as
well.
Overall it went pretty smoothly and it appears that the gear is entirely
useable. I'll mount it up on the lathe tomorrow and give it a test run.

On the left is the factory 60T gear and the right is the newly cut 66T
gear:

http://wpnet.us/First_gear1.jpg
http://wpnet.us/First_gear2.jpg

Gear puller for DC cordless drill motor gear? John Doe Metalworking 9 February 27th 16 08:33 AM
Screwcutting Gear Ratio Calculator Threading Screw Cutting Lathe Gear Selector Wild_Bill Metalworking 4 April 9th 12 12:26 AM
Need Help with a Gear Andy Asberry Metalworking 6 February 13th 06 05:45 PM
2:1 gear box ? habbi Metalworking 2 December 20th 05 09:24 PM
Gear hobber gear train set-up Mark Maglana Metalworking 7 August 26th 05 02:01 AM