Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gear puller for DC cordless drill motor gear?

I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill
motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like
that?

Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:
I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill
motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like
that?

Thanks.

Sure, visit just about any RC vehicle parts site and you will find
pullers for small stuff.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 2, 3:45*pm, John Doe wrote:
I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill
motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like
that?

Thanks.

The RC hobby is a great source of parts.

Check out their battery options for when that Bosch cordless drill
needs new batteries.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A short section of heavy wall tubing (round or rectangular) can make up the
frame/body of a small puller, by adding a slot at one side, and a tapped
hole located 180 degrees from the slot.
I've seen small round frames that have a flat cut from the OD where the slot
is located to allow the "jaws" (now tapered) to fit behind a gear with very
little clearance space behind it.

A locking shaft collar (setscrew type) will make a sturdy frame, and already
has a tapped hole.

Add a screw to fit the tapped hole.. bazinga, a small gear puller/miniature
screw press.

Filing/grinding the tip of the screw, or better yet, reducing the diameter
of it to slightly smaller than the motor shaft size in a lathe, and the gear
will pull off almost effortlessly.
If the fabricated frame is durable, it may be worthwhile to make more screws
with other tip sizes for other purposes.

--
WB

"John Doe" wrote in message
eb.com...
I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill
motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like
that?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 02 Nov 2011 20:45:51 GMT, John Doe wrote:

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

In the R/C world, the small gear on the motor shaft is referred to as
a pinion. If you search for "pinion puller", you'll get lots of useful
information. Here's a picture from one of the hits:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-9458232..._2180_53538897

It's probably faster to make than to buy.
--
RoRo

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:28:28 +0100, Robert Roland
wrote:

On 02 Nov 2011 20:45:51 GMT, John Doe wrote:

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

In the R/C world, the small gear on the motor shaft is referred to as
a pinion. If you search for "pinion puller", you'll get lots of useful
information. Here's a picture from one of the hits:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-9458232..._2180_53538897

It's probably faster to make than to buy.

Like the nut cracker I made several years ago from a piece of 2" heavy
wall tube, drilled and tapped 1/2 - 13 for an extraneous hood pin.
Eventually the threads on the hood pin wore out so I substituted a
high quality (#5, #8) bolt; it is still in service. much less damage
to the kernel.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

在 2011年11月3日星期四 UTC+8上午4:45:51,John Doe写道:
I am trying to make a gear puller for my Bosch 36 V cordless drill
motor. I must use that motor with a different gear. A DeWalt 18 V
right angle drill motor gear will be used in its place.

I would really rather buy a gear puller. Is there anything for
pulling small DC motor gears off?

If not. Is there an easy way to make a small gear puller like
that?

Thanks.

Sell:
China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in smart kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different sizes.
In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partners around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
Contact: Anny Liu
Tel:+86-755-27322652
Fax:+86-755-27323949

Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Baoan Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ZHAOWEI-- a professional manufacturer of miniature DC planetary reducer motor!
Shenzhen ZhaoWei Machinery & Electric Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of miniature DC planetary reducer motor. Our company has strong technical strength, advanced production technology, complete testing equipment and scientific management for the quality products and provides a reliable guaranteed service. Shenzhen ZhaoWei Machinery & Electric Co., Ltd. specializing in the production of DC planetary gear motor, DC brush motor planet, and provides the best quality products and services, welcome your consultation! [hotline: 86-755-27322652]
Our products widely used in medical and health care equipment, massage equipment, textile machinery, transport machinery, printing machinery, food machinery, automatic control equipment, the performance index of the application field of water purification and recycling equipment, packaging machinery, currency counting machine, automatic curtain machine computer mahjong tables, etc.. The company products are strictly according to national and industry standards for manufacturing and ancillary products in international general electric and domestic large and medium small enterprises.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ZHAOWEI, A TRUSTWORTHY MANUFACTURER OF MICRO GEAR MOTOR
Shenzhen ZHAOWEI is specialized in designing, manufacturing and selling Micro DC Gear Motors, especially DC Geared Motors. We have successfully worked out over 100 series of Micro DC Motors. Our products are widely applied on house-hold appliance, office equipment, health-care and beauty-care facilities, medical appliance, high-class toys, electronic tools, electronic commodity, automotive parts and some automatic systems as well.
We have a team of professional staffs who are working on R&D and QC, which ensure our good quality managing system and advcanced technology in Motor Industry. A whole set of advanced production equipments ensure our quality and service. Therefore, we won very good reputations from end customers..
We will always keep close to the market, and try our best to improve the equipments and technology step by step, so as to satisfy our customers' various demands. Recently, our products are widely sold to US, West Europe, East South Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and home market. We are still doing our best to exploit the world market, hope we will have cooperation in the near future.