Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Video Camera to Computer...Help!!

On 4/19/2013 1:38 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Sony DCR-TRV330

Cute camera - specially for a buck.

Are you looking at:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=DCRTRV330&LOC=3#/howtoTab

It's got to have memory tho. And that looks proprietary.
Memory stick compatability chart:
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/suppor...pl?&info_id=11

Yes, to capture video you need a video capture board.
Or device. There are some USB cheapies that can grab component video.

But it MIGHT be possible to simply download from the camera via USB.
Gotta have the cable, of course.
Might be a generic. Might not.
The manual should say.

And you need the driver.

Select your os:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...d#/downloadTab

for XP:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...d#/downloadTab

Get all that together and you have a really nice antique camcorder.

But if it works???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/19/2013 3:04 AM, Steve W. wrote:

Well if the manual is correct it says that the memory stick is for
digital still pictures and that video goes on tape only. BUT if you
wanted to send video out of that camera into your computer just get
something like a DVD Xpress or StarTech SVID2USB2
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=1428

Cool. I use DVD Express.
Pretty good stuff.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

At a yard sale last weekend..I bought a minty Sony DCR-TRV330 video
camera.
For $1.00

No idea if it worked or not..but nothing appeared to be bashed or
beaten. It was missing the charger and the battery and all the cables.
For a buck..what the hell. It was minty minty and came in a decent
camera case with some bits and pieces...Radio Shack FM Transmitter..no
receiver of course...anyone need it? 49.890 Mhz

So I ordered the battery ($14) and the charger ($14) from ebay last
Sunday..and it all came today. The camera works perfectly. Records,
plays back, edits...the super low light video was tons of fun outside
tonight. Like having a NOD G

Now...the big question is..how to I upload a video out of the camera
and transfer it into a computer?

I dont have a video capture card (yet)...I dont think..in all my
Stuff..so I assume I need one of those, right?

The camera has a USB port..and I do have a cable to fit..but when I
plug it into the computer..nothing shows up. Im assuming that it ONLY
works with the Sony media stick (memory thingy)..which I dont have.
A bit of snooping on the 'net gave me that idea...I think.

There is a DV in/out "usb" plug and beside it is a "LANC" plug...no
idea what the hell those are for. Anyone?

As I was typing this..I found the manual on the Sony site....so it
answered some of the questions. Looks like I need another 2
cables..the AV cable and a i.link cable..and some sort of video
capture card/adapter that will accept the i.link cable..or the
standard video capture card

Is S Video better than the plainjane AV output? Looks like I need an
S video cable too.

Damnit

Is "i.link" Sonys verson of Firewire?

Sigh..anybody give me an idea of what I need and where to get it?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/19/2013 4:01 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Get all that together and you have a really nice antique camcorder.

Antique?

But if it works???

Thats all that counts

Notice in the manual how many pages are dedicated to hooking it up
to a VCR?
And how few to direct hookup via USB?

It's a TAPE recorder.
SO last century.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

LANC is for controlling stuff like zoom, record and play over a cable.
it's used to control cameras up on booms and stuff like that. You don't
need it for normal stuff.

As I was typing this..I found the manual on the Sony site....so it
answered some of the questions. Looks like I need another 2
cables..the AV cable and a i.link cable..and some sort of video
capture card/adapter that will accept the i.link cable..or the
standard video capture card

Is S Video better than the plainjane AV output? Looks like I need an
S video cable too.

svidoe is better, but use the firewire if you can, since it control play
and record on the camera from the pc.

Damnit

Is "i.link" Sonys verson of Firewire?

yes.

get a firewire card and cable and windows should talk to that camera OK.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/19/2013 11:04 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 23:13:41 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:51:55 -0500,
wrote:

On 4/19/2013 4:01 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Get all that together and you have a really nice antique camcorder.

Antique?

But if it works???

Thats all that counts

Notice in the manual how many pages are dedicated to hooking it up
to a VCR?
And how few to direct hookup via USB?

It's a TAPE recorder.
SO last century.

Made in 2005.

But yeah..8mm digital format is tape. Im curious though how the media
stores all their gazillon hours of programming on hard drives?

Large RAID systems. Tektronix, Grass Valley and others make them for
analog or SDI (Digital) video.

Here is a analog video/mono sound to USB MPEG converter for under
$10, shipped. Listed at 30 frame per second for NTSC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140958095907

Thanks! Though it doesnt do stereo like the camera does.

Noted!

No, you'll want something that does component in for that.
Right, left, video.

As for the S-video cable, I have tried it and really couldn't tell the
difference. But my video equipment is pretty old too.
I still have a 4:3 (FLAT LCD! TV) in the bedroom.
It's great for the old flicks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:35:29 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Thanks!!

As I was typing this..I found the manual on the Sony site....so it
answered some of the questions. Looks like I need another 2
cables..the AV cable and a i.link cable..and some sort of video
capture card/adapter that will accept the i.link cable..or the
standard video capture card

Is S Video better than the plainjane AV output? Looks like I need an
S video cable too.

svidoe is better, but use the firewire if you can, since it control play
and record on the camera from the pc.

Cool!!

Damnit

Is "i.link" Sonys verson of Firewire?

yes.

get a firewire card and cable and windows should talk to that camera OK.

Noted!

Thanks guys! Ive been a film photographer for 40 yrs..and while Ive
had some experience with film movie hardware over the years..Ive never
had much call/interest for video. I love digital still cameras and
have a bunch of cheapies..which are good enough for 99% of everything
I do...so its taken over from the film.

Since the YouTube evolution has happened...Ive had some ideas that
might make an interesting video clip or two and bought this with a
half a mind (no comments!!!) about seeing what I could do to add .001
points worth of knowledge to interested viewers about some of the
things I do know a little something about.

Much obliged!

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Do you pronounce it "obleeged" like an authentic hick?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 04/19/2013 01:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

yes.

get a firewire card and cable and windows should talk to that camera OK.

Noted!

Are you still running Linux on your machine?
If yes, you'll still need the hardware but
different software.

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:06:30 -0500, technomaNge wrote:

On 04/19/2013 01:37 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

yes.

get a firewire card and cable and windows should talk to that camera OK.

Noted!

Are you still running Linux on your machine?
If yes, you'll still need the hardware but
different software.

technomaNge

Ive got 2 Xp machines. Which Ill use for this. Frankly..they will be
simpler to set up.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I have one that does, if I can find the software.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I can't find the disk, but here is a new one for $20. It ships
from California.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220464169156

Thanks!!

Gunner

You're welcome.

In-car video camera? Simon Cee UK diy 33 September 5th 11 01:39 PM
CCD video camera DC LS Electronics Repair 3 March 12th 06 08:33 PM
Screwdriver for Video Camera? [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 September 10th 05 12:25 PM
Sony XC-117 Video Camera ? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 03:52 PM
Video camera to portable TV Paul Electronics Repair 15 November 11th 03 09:42 AM