Default Screwdriver for Video Camera?

I want to open the camera,but the screws are the tiny philips-type.

I tried to open it with a flat- bladed jewlery screwdriver, but the
screws are too tight.

I went to the hardware store, but they only have the flat- bladed
jewlery screwdriver.

Where can i find the tiny philips screwdriver?

Jeff

I want to open the camera,but the screws are the tiny philips-type.

Where can i find the tiny philips screwdriver?

Marslee-

I needed a tiny Torx driver and found it in a kit at Sears. That kit
includes Philips #0, #00 and #000 as well as several other tiny drivers.

It has been several years, but I think they still carry similar tools.
This kit is a "Professional 12-pc. Micro-Tech Expert Screwdriver Set",
Sears stock number 9-41670.

Other stores to check are Ace Hardware, Radio Shack, Harbor Freight, Tool
World.

Fred

What are the chances the screw are metric? before you laugh I work on Makino
milling machines and they are made in Japan and the philips screws on the
machine are Metric, the angle and width of the slots are different than
standard, a Craftsman screwdriver fits very sloppy and 8 times out of 10
will strip the screw head.

sofie

Marslee:
What you may be referring to is the not so common (Japan Industry Standards)
JIS Cross Point which is similar to the American Pozi-drive, both are
"compatible" with standard "Phillips type" screwdrivers ... the tips are a
little more blunt and square than the standard Phillips and come in the same
sizing such as #00, #0, #1, etc. The standard Phillips screwdrivers will
work fine on these screw heads as long as you are careful in selecting the
largest tip that will fit snugly and use enough pressure to avoid camming
out the head... a worn Phillips screwdriver tip will cause problems for
these alternate heads and even with the standard Phillips head..... throw
them out when they get worn and don't allow your new screwdrivers to cam out
or the tip will start to get rounded..
The standard Phillips tips will work just fine for your camcorder....
usually a #00, #0 or #1.
Fred had the right suggestion... go to Sears and get their 12 pc precision
screwdriver set which includes all the most common small sizes or Torx,
Phillips & Slotted. If you are not interested in the complete set you can
go to any well stocked (ACE) hardware store and buy similar precision
screwdrivers individually.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

What are the chances the screw are metric? before you laugh I work on

Makino
milling machines and they are made in Japan and the philips screws on the
machine are Metric, the angle and width of the slots are different than
standard, a Craftsman screwdriver fits very sloppy and 8 times out of 10
will strip the screw head.

Jumpster Jiver

Now after reading all those suggestions...
Do you know what to do with it once you open it? Do you have a service
manual?
Modern video cameras aren't very easy to service and if the problem is
on a circuit board you may need to do surface-mount repairs.
Or you may need to replace the boardwhich could be impossible to get or
ridicuously expensive.