Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Video Camera to Computer...Help!!

At a yard sale last weekend..I bought a minty Sony DCR-TRV330 video
camera.
For $1.00

No idea if it worked or not..but nothing appeared to be bashed or
beaten. It was missing the charger and the battery and all the cables.
For a buck..what the hell. It was minty minty and came in a decent
camera case with some bits and pieces...Radio Shack FM Transmitter..no
receiver of course...anyone need it? 49.890 Mhz

So I ordered the battery ($14) and the charger ($14) from ebay last
Sunday..and it all came today. The camera works perfectly. Records,
plays back, edits...the super low light video was tons of fun outside
tonight. Like having a NOD G

Now...the big question is..how to I upload a video out of the camera
and transfer it into a computer?

I dont have a video capture card (yet)...I dont think..in all my
Stuff..so I assume I need one of those, right?

The camera has a USB port..and I do have a cable to fit..but when I
plug it into the computer..nothing shows up. Im assuming that it ONLY
works with the Sony media stick (memory thingy)..which I dont have.
A bit of snooping on the 'net gave me that idea...I think.

There is a DV in/out "usb" plug and beside it is a "LANC" plug...no
idea what the hell those are for. Anyone?

As I was typing this..I found the manual on the Sony site....so it
answered some of the questions. Looks like I need another 2
cables..the AV cable and a i.link cable..and some sort of video
capture card/adapter that will accept the i.link cable..or the
standard video capture card

Is S Video better than the plainjane AV output? Looks like I need an
S video cable too.

Damnit

Is "i.link" Sonys verson of Firewire?

Sigh..anybody give me an idea of what I need and where to get it?

Gunner