Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Video Camera to Computer...Help!!

On 4/19/2013 11:04 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 23:13:41 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:51:55 -0500,
wrote:

On 4/19/2013 4:01 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Get all that together and you have a really nice antique camcorder.

Antique?

But if it works???

Thats all that counts

Notice in the manual how many pages are dedicated to hooking it up
to a VCR?
And how few to direct hookup via USB?

It's a TAPE recorder.
SO last century.

Made in 2005.

But yeah..8mm digital format is tape. Im curious though how the media
stores all their gazillon hours of programming on hard drives?

Large RAID systems. Tektronix, Grass Valley and others make them for
analog or SDI (Digital) video.

Here is a analog video/mono sound to USB MPEG converter for under
$10, shipped. Listed at 30 frame per second for NTSC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140958095907

Thanks! Though it doesnt do stereo like the camera does.

Noted!

No, you'll want something that does component in for that.
Right, left, video.

As for the S-video cable, I have tried it and really couldn't tell the
difference. But my video equipment is pretty old too.
I still have a 4:3 (FLAT LCD! TV) in the bedroom.
It's great for the old flicks.