Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/3703050059.html

I dropped him an email

"I repair/service/buy and trade machine tools. I live in Taft, but
most of my customers are in LA or Orange county.

Id be really..really surprised if you got more than $500 for that Van
Norman. Its a very nice mill..but its from the late 1930s-1940s. The
later Van Normans with the tilting heads dont sell for $1400..sadly.

Best of luck.

If you want me to find you a buyer..for 10%...give me a price it can
be sold for.

Respects

Mark
Coyote Engineering
Taft, California"

I suspect Ill never hear from them. Shrug

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That is scrap metal material.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Ignoramus17560" wrote in message
That is scrap metal material.

Yes- even a nice 12 is not worth anywhere near that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 08:28:12 -0500, Ignoramus17560
wrote:

That is scrap metal material.

Nah....its worth $500 (at most) to somebody. I use a horizontal a lot
in my shop.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

wrote:

That is scrap metal material.

Nah....its worth $500 (at most) to somebody. I use a horizontal a lot
in my shop.

Maybe in Cali. When I used to see them at auction they went for 50 to 100
bucks. But scrap prices have gone up a lot since then.