DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Dreamer....Van Norman mill (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/355169-dreamer-van-norman-mill.html)

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 13th 13 02:19 PM

A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/3703050059.html

I dropped him an email

"I repair/service/buy and trade machine tools. I live in Taft, but
most of my customers are in LA or Orange county.

Id be really..really surprised if you got more than $500 for that Van
Norman. Its a very nice mill..but its from the late 1930s-1940s. The
later Van Normans with the tilting heads dont sell for $1400..sadly.

Best of luck.

If you want me to find you a buyer..for 10%...give me a price it can
be sold for.

Respects

Mark
Coyote Engineering
Taft, California"

I suspect Ill never hear from them. Shrug

Ignoramus17560 April 13th 13 02:28 PM

A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

That is scrap metal material.

ATP April 13th 13 02:42 PM

A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

"Ignoramus17560" wrote in message
That is scrap metal material.

Yes- even a nice 12 is not worth anywhere near that.

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 13th 13 07:50 PM

A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 08:28:12 -0500, Ignoramus17560
wrote:

That is scrap metal material.

Nah....its worth $500 (at most) to somebody. I use a horizontal a lot
in my shop.

ATP April 13th 13 08:30 PM

A Dreamer....Van Norman mill

wrote:

That is scrap metal material.

Nah....its worth $500 (at most) to somebody. I use a horizontal a lot
in my shop.

Maybe in Cali. When I used to see them at auction they went for 50 to 100
bucks. But scrap prices have gone up a lot since then.