Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Sportsman's Guide?

I placed an order with sportsmansguide.com. I got an order number but no
confirming email. When I check order status, it has shown up once but now
says no order history information. It said I had no customer number, then
gave me a customer number, now is shows I have no customer number again.
The charge now shows up on my credit card. I've never see such a mess of on
again off again misinformation. Hopefully my order will come through OK.
Anyone have any experience with them? Wondering if their ordering info is
normally so messed up. I don't mind if the info isn't updated fast, would
just like to know if this is normal.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RogerN wrote:
I placed an order with sportsmansguide.com. I got an order number but no
confirming email. When I check order status, it has shown up once but now
says no order history information. It said I had no customer number, then
gave me a customer number, now is shows I have no customer number again.
The charge now shows up on my credit card. I've never see such a mess of on
again off again misinformation. Hopefully my order will come through OK.
Anyone have any experience with them? Wondering if their ordering info is
normally so messed up. I don't mind if the info isn't updated fast, would
just like to know if this is normal.

RogerN

Sounds like they were doing updates again. I've done business with them
a few times without any problems.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

I placed an order with sportsmansguide.com. I got an order number but no
confirming email. When I check order status, it has shown up once but now
says no order history information. It said I had no customer number, then
gave me a customer number, now is shows I have no customer number again.
The charge now shows up on my credit card. I've never see such a mess of
on again off again misinformation. Hopefully my order will come through
OK. Anyone have any experience with them? Wondering if their ordering
info is normally so messed up. I don't mind if the info isn't updated
fast, would just like to know if this is normal.

RogerN

I have ordered from them two or three times. I always received what I
ordered in a reasonable time. We had an argument once about a free shipping
deal when I ordered several heavy boxes of parts from them, but we came to a
fair compromise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 8, 7:21*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I placed an order with sportsmansguide.com. *I got an order number but no
confirming email. *When I check order status, it has shown up once but now
says no order history information. *It said I had no customer number, then
gave me a customer number, now is shows I have no customer number again.
The charge now shows up on my credit card. *I've never see such a mess of on
again off again misinformation. *Hopefully my order will come through OK.
Anyone have any experience with them? *Wondering if their ordering info is
normally so messed up. *I don't mind if the info isn't updated fast, would
just like to know if this is normal.

RogerN

Why bug everyone here? If you're really nervous about the order,
contact their customer service, they can do something about it, we
can't. No confirming email would be worrying, particularly if they've
run the CC. If you don't get a response, you've got every right to
reverse the charge and cancel that order. I just had a similar
experience with a photo supply place, internet connection died right
after I clicked the Order button and before I got the confirmation
page back. Didn't have an order number. I did get an confirmation
email and used their customer service email address to find out if I
had an order or not. I did and it showed a week later. If you don't
notify them that their order process is buggy, it won't get fixed.

I've done business with Sportsman's Guide in the past, they changed
hands a number years back and they ceased to have much I wanted. Plus
I'm buying more of that type of thing locally. But they always
delivered orders and I had no glitches with them.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stanley Schaefer" wrote in message

On Mar 8, 7:21 pm, "RogerN" wrote:
[...]

snip

I used to getting a confirmation email instantly but that doesn't mean all
places do that. My package came in today. That's pretty quick since I
ordered it with 3 day shipping and it wasn't due until Tuesday. I found out
that part of the delay was that it wasn't giving me a customer number until
I logged off and then logged back in. I sent them an email but didn't get a
reply, I better check my spam filter. I figured there would be others that
ordered from them and maybe experienced their lack of confirming emails and
such.

RogerN