Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default OT, Sportsman's Guide?

On Mar 8, 7:21*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
I placed an order with sportsmansguide.com. *I got an order number but no
confirming email. *When I check order status, it has shown up once but now
says no order history information. *It said I had no customer number, then
gave me a customer number, now is shows I have no customer number again.
The charge now shows up on my credit card. *I've never see such a mess of on
again off again misinformation. *Hopefully my order will come through OK.
Anyone have any experience with them? *Wondering if their ordering info is
normally so messed up. *I don't mind if the info isn't updated fast, would
just like to know if this is normal.

RogerN

Why bug everyone here? If you're really nervous about the order,
contact their customer service, they can do something about it, we
can't. No confirming email would be worrying, particularly if they've
run the CC. If you don't get a response, you've got every right to
reverse the charge and cancel that order. I just had a similar
experience with a photo supply place, internet connection died right
after I clicked the Order button and before I got the confirmation
page back. Didn't have an order number. I did get an confirmation
email and used their customer service email address to find out if I
had an order or not. I did and it showed a week later. If you don't
notify them that their order process is buggy, it won't get fixed.

I've done business with Sportsman's Guide in the past, they changed
hands a number years back and they ceased to have much I wanted. Plus
I'm buying more of that type of thing locally. But they always
delivered orders and I had no glitches with them.

Stan