Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default oiler

What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball
bearing in them and where do you get them?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/5/2013 11:49 PM, F Murtz wrote:
What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball
bearing in them and where do you get them?

Oil hole covers
http://www.mcmaster.com/#oil-hole-covers/=kwwv5e

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:49:15 +1100, F Murtz
wrote:

What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball
bearing in them and where do you get them?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-oil-cups/=kx032l

Look about half way down

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball
bearing in them and where do you get them?

Oh..and do yourself a favor and file a nice V across the tip of your
oiler That way when you press the ball down..there is a place for the
oil to go around the ball

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 5, 10:49*pm, F Murtz wrote:
What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a ball
bearing in them and where do you get them?

They are called "ball oilers."
http://www.gitsmfg.com/gits-oil-hole...s-style-gb.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"F Murtz" wrote in message
nd.com...
What do you call the little brass oling points in lathes etc with a
ball bearing in them and where do you get them?

http://www.gitsmfg.com/gits-oil-hole...s-style-gb.htm

I bought them at a local industrial supply house, before it closed and
became a day care center.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.magnetoparts.com/oil_cup.htm

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
remove the seven
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 01/06/2013 08:59 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I bought them at a local industrial supply house, before it closed and
became a day care center.

Now there's a question to ask:

How many oil cups does a child have?

technomaNge
--
It's Mint, Mate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 20:51:56 -0600, the renowned technomaNge
wrote:

On 01/06/2013 08:59 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I bought them at a local industrial supply house, before it closed and
became a day care center.

Now there's a question to ask:

How many oil cups does a child have?

http://www.familycomms.com/site/wp-c...in-heart01.jpg

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"technomaNge" wrote in message
On 01/06/2013 08:59 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I bought them at a local industrial supply house, before it closed
and
became a day care center.

Now there's a question to ask:
How many oil cups does a child have?

technomaNge
--
It's Mint, Mate.

What is your job at ftc.gov?

As the industrial areas turned into shopping malls I asked people what
they thought of it, being careful not to preload my question with an
expected response. I was surprised by how much bitter and snobbish
resentment toward manufacturing I heard. In general the well-educated
people I asked had no idea that making things generates value, but a
service economy only redistributes and dilutes it. I learned that in
jr high civics class with the westward expansion of the railroads as
the example of primary and secondary jobs. IIRC they planned new towns
based on one railroad job supporting 8-11 people, the worker's family
plus one other.

Perhaps high schools should mention the concept of entropy as it
applies to economic activity, or just teach the ability to distinguish
cause from effect. We had critical thinking drummed into our little
heads back in the 50's and 60's but I don't see much evidence of it
now on the Net.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh, I don't have any oil cans with spouts that haven't already been "veed"
by poking them in or at something that was moving.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Similar thoughts occurred to me yesterday as I watched my son, his son and
my great grandchildren playing with some of my old erector sets in a
learn-teach mode for several hours.

Pete Stanaitis
---------------

P.S. No one was killed during a video game for many hours and the little
ones learned "lefty loosy, righty tighty" quite well.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:30:23 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

[...]

Very well said!!

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 7, 6:30*am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
[...]

I don't agree that the service economy dilutes the value of money. If
a mechanic repairs my car and keeps it from going to the junk yard,
it's similar to manufacturing (or re-manufacturing) a durable good.
He make the car last longer and brings value to my dollar. For what
you imply, I do agree that the value of money is only as good as what
it can exchange for goods (and services).

Regarding "enthropy", applying laws of the physical sciences to those
involving human activity (economics) is fraught with problems.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Denis G." wrote in message

Regarding "enthropy", applying laws of the physical sciences to those
involving human activity (economics) is fraught with problems.

Thermodynamics is a surprisingly good descriptor of statistical group
behavior, phenomena such as activation energy and local minima compare
well, though I don't claim it has predictive power or memory elements
like some do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliott_wave_principle

It's not too different from the mathematical energy-flow-based science
of Ecology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theoretical_ecology

jsw