Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default Run chain saw without oiler?

I have a 15-yr old Homelite chainsaw, which runs - except that the
automatic chain oiler doesn't work. Can I just run this as-is, and
squirt oil on the chain every X minutes?

Thanks,
George
Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"George" wrote in message
I have a 15-yr old Homelite chainsaw, which runs - except that the
automatic chain oiler doesn't work. Can I just run this as-is, and
squirt oil on the chain every X minutes?

Sure, as long as you don't forget to oil it. Once you do, wear will come
faster. The trick is to get the oil on the bar, not the chain.

Chainsaw chain sharpening granpaw Metalworking 43 September 30th 05 03:59 AM
Sears snow blower chain won't keep tight Mark Home Repair 3 May 9th 05 03:44 AM
Chainsaw oil Bill R Woodturning 29 April 2nd 05 04:57 AM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM
Broken automatic oiler on Poulan Pro 260 chain saw Bruce Home Repair 5 July 8th 04 03:41 AM