Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Iggy

http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:01:35 -0600, Ignoramus26595

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

Manufacturer/Model: AM General M816 Medium
Engine: Cummings NHC-250, 250 horsepower, 6 Cylinder Diesel
Transmission: Manual 5 Speed and a 2 Speed Transfer Case
Max Speed: 50 mph
Gas Mileage: Approximately 6 mpg
Towing Capacity: 14 Tons (on road), 10 Tons (cross country or off
road)
Front/Rear Winch Capacity: 20,000 lbs (Front), 45,000 lbs (Rear)
Boom: Elevates to 45 degrees, Swings to 270 degrees (can be
modified to 360 degrees)
Revolving hydraulic crane with an extending boom that can extend
from 10--18 ft
Specially built for the United States Army to pull medium duty
equipment through non-incorporated terrain

VBG

Or maybe one of these?

http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_pho...covery_m88.php

Seen this link btw?

http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/

For some reason..I have this mental picture of you driving around with
the back of your pickup filled with Surplus....with one of these on
your head and a mad grin on your face...

http://www.russianarmysurplus.com/pr...rborne-helmet/

VBG

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:43:28 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!

Fun! Think they'll get the reserve price of $18.4k? Me, neither.

--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Sell it and wait for a whole knuckle boom truck. What a back-saver!
Knowing you, you'll find the chrome plated boom on a truck for $5, and
the only problem it has is that it needs one spark plug wire.

--
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Thats a small price to pay if you buy something that has no forklift
available..isnt it?

Gunner

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Sell it and wait for a whole knuckle boom truck. What a back-saver!
Knowing you, you'll find the chrome plated boom on a truck for $5, and
the only problem it has is that it needs one spark plug wire.

I will see... I decided that this year in business I will not be
acquiring any capital equipment, just making money with what I
have. But I see your point.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Thats a small price to pay if you buy something that has no forklift
available..isnt it?

That's what I Was saying, we take our forklifts with us on our semi
trailer. It is a beavertail trailer with hydraulic tail.

Gunner

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
http://www.salvex.com/listings/listi...ucID=182948872

Just what you need!!

My semi tractor/trailer is kind of a wrecker, it has a beavertail
trailer and a winch. We used it already to move various heavy duty
trucks that I parted out or will do so.

But does it have a crane???

It does not, but I do have a boom crane laying around right now.

I planned to sell it, but maybe I can mount it on the trailer?

It is a National Knuckle Boom Crane:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I am reluctant to install it, because it will reduce the capacity of
my semi trailer by 4-5k lbs.

Thats a small price to pay if you buy something that has no forklift
available..isnt it?

That's what I Was saying, we take our forklifts with us on our semi
trailer. It is a beavertail trailer with hydraulic tail.

Ah! Then sell the crane indeed.

If you ever find a Baker/Linde B30-PL...I need some parts. The
carby and heat exchanger

Gunner

Gunner

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
[...]

I have a lot of forklift carb parts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2012-12-22, Gunner wrote:
[...]

Ill have to check and see what Carb and exchanger is on it. I think
the exchanger is a F5 or something. Got Impco Parts? Ill check and
post what I need.

I need to rebuild the carb and likely the heat exchanger. Carby most
of all. The kits were around $30 each, but they redesigned the carby
and the whole top end kit is $100. And the forklift is still sitting
at the end of my driveway 8 months later....damnit.

Gunner, who wrote it down and now cant find it...damnit.

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-23, Gunner wrote:

Ill have to check and see what Carb and exchanger is on it. I think
the exchanger is a F5 or something. Got Impco Parts? Ill check and
post what I need.

I need to rebuild the carb and likely the heat exchanger. Carby most
of all. The kits were around $30 each, but they redesigned the carby
and the whole top end kit is $100. And the forklift is still sitting
at the end of my driveway 8 months later....damnit.

Gunner, who wrote it down and now cant find it...damnit.

We converted one forklift to propane and fixed another forklift's
propane carb system. I did not do it, my driver did, who is an all
around handy person. Based on that experience, I think that most
forklift propane related parts are very similar and many are
interchangeable. Impco makes those propane conversion kits, it is not
something super unusual. I bought a couple of pallets of propane kits
and carbs last July. (also about four crates of forklift manuals for
$50)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 16:18:39 -0600, Ignoramus5654

On 2012-12-23, Gunner wrote:

[...]

If you find a manual for a Baker B30-PL..Ill send you a nice money
order for it. (it was made by Linde..has a VW Jetta engine in it and
is hydrostatic drive)

Gunner

1. Lie

Ping Iggy Tom Gardner[_6_] Metalworking 4 October 26th 12 02:58 AM
PING: Iggy Steve Walker[_4_] Metalworking 24 December 30th 11 02:02 AM
Ping: Iggy Jon Danniken Metalworking 11 May 12th 08 06:01 PM
Ping Iggy... Todd Rich Metalworking 10 December 26th 07 04:52 PM
Ping: Iggy Jon Danniken Metalworking 1 September 15th 07 06:27 PM