Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5654 Ignoramus5654 is offline

Default Ping Iggy

On 2012-12-23, Gunner wrote:

Ill have to check and see what Carb and exchanger is on it. I think
the exchanger is a F5 or something. Got Impco Parts? Ill check and
post what I need.

I need to rebuild the carb and likely the heat exchanger. Carby most
of all. The kits were around $30 each, but they redesigned the carby
and the whole top end kit is $100. And the forklift is still sitting
at the end of my driveway 8 months later....damnit.

Gunner, who wrote it down and now cant find it...damnit.

We converted one forklift to propane and fixed another forklift's
propane carb system. I did not do it, my driver did, who is an all
around handy person. Based on that experience, I think that most
forklift propane related parts are very similar and many are
interchangeable. Impco makes those propane conversion kits, it is not
something super unusual. I bought a couple of pallets of propane kits
and carbs last July. (also about four crates of forklift manuals for
$50)