Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT google redirect

Posting from winter quarters... Not been here for a while.

Hope you folks can help me with a computer problem. I use google for
web searches on internet explorer. When I type in a search, a list of
suggested sites comes up as it should. But if i click on one, the
computer redirects me to a site of its choosing, making google
useless.

Julie just figured out Bing works, but i'd like to clean this virus
out. HOW???

P.S. below zero with 15" fresh snow back home. 78 and sunny here. I've
been calling my former friends and asking for more suntan lotion.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Posting from winter quarters... Not been here for a while.

Hope you folks can help me with a computer problem. I use google for
web searches on internet explorer. When I type in a search, a list of
suggested sites comes up as it should. But if i click on one, the
computer redirects me to a site of its choosing, making google
useless.

Julie just figured out Bing works, but i'd like to clean this virus
out. HOW???

P.S. below zero with 15" fresh snow back home. 78 and sunny here. I've
been calling my former friends and asking for more suntan lotion.

Karl

Restore your computer to an earlier date then use microsoft security
essentials to clean your computer. Worked for me.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 5:31*am, Karl Townsend
wrote:
Posting from winter quarters... *Not been here for a while.

Hope you folks can help me with a computer problem. I use google for
web searches on internet explorer. When I type in a search, a list of
suggested sites comes up as it should. But if i click on one, the
computer redirects me to a site of its choosing, making google
useless.

Julie just figured out Bing works, but i'd like to clean this virus
out. HOW???

P.S. below zero with 15" fresh snow back home. 78 and sunny here. I've
been calling my former friends and asking for more suntan lotion.

Karl

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-12-10, Karl Townsend wrote:
Posting from winter quarters... Not been here for a while.

Hope you folks can help me with a computer problem. I use google for
web searches on internet explorer. When I type in a search, a list of
suggested sites comes up as it should. But if i click on one, the
computer redirects me to a site of its choosing, making google
useless.

Julie just figured out Bing works, but i'd like to clean this virus
out. HOW???

I would suggest that you try DuckDuckGo.com as a search engine.
*No* tracking. *No* ads. *No* sending you to the nearest thing that
sort of matches (e.g. a local dealer), when what you want is the
manufacturer to download a manual from, or to order replacement parts
from.

DuckDuckGo will ask you (the first time) if you want to make it
your default search engine. I have done so.

P.S. below zero with 15" fresh snow back home. 78 and sunny here. I've
been calling my former friends and asking for more suntan lotion.

Sort of half way between, here. :-)

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

DoN. Nichols wrote:
On 2012-12-10, Karl Townsend wrote:
[...]

I've started using www.startpage.com . It uses google's search engine but
doesn't track IP's . Also , consider switching to Firefox as a browser .
When everybody quits supporting IE7 , that's where I'm going . 0.
As far as weather goes , I rode from Mountain View Ar. to Memphis Tn. today
on Mr. Bike , the temp never got above 35° ... but I did wait until it quit
snowing .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11 Dec 2012 03:48:04 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

DuckDuckGo.com

That looks like a pretty good engine!

Thanks!