Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Google Group posts - tell Google about it?

You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

I see there is a voting option for
"Default quoting of previous message in replies"

So they know it is an issue FFS!!

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
cupra

Chris Bacon wrote:
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

I agree - I suspect it saves them storage space.... my suggestion is to add
2/3K of text to each un-contextualised GG post

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On 23 May 2006 23:56:56 +0200, Chris Bacon
wrote:

You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

Chris Bacon wrote:
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

Google works just fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do.

Ii's a Usenet-wide problem. I certainly have better things to do than
plough through context-less posts and try to find out what they mean,
hence trying to do something about it, rather than doing eff-all. If
you also have better things to do, you might complain too, it only
takes a moment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On 24 May 2006 10:08:10 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

|Mike Halmarack wrote:
| Chris Bacon wrote:
| You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he
|
| http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py
|
| I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
| a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?
|
| All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.
|
| Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do.
|
|Ii's a Usenet-wide problem. I certainly have better things to do than
|plough through context-less posts and try to find out what they mean,
|hence trying to do something about it, rather than doing eff-all. If
|you also have better things to do, you might complain too, it only
|takes a moment.

Then point out the problems at no cost to you in a sig.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

cupra wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

I agree - I suspect it saves them storage space.... my suggestion is to add
2/3K of text to each un-contextualised GG post

I suspect it's some sort of control thing - making reading/posting from
GGroups "easier" than using "third-party" stuff, cf. Microsoft products.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he

http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?

All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.

Yes, I voted for 'default quoting' some time back, however I got so
ipssed off a few days back after a ream of non quoters on different
groups I just killfile all the Google posts now, which is maybe a little
harsh on those with a clue, but it puts reading news back the pleasant
(?) state it was before Google became popular.

Maybe if everyone has adds sig requesting Google do default quoting
they'll get the message.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
On 24 May 2006 10:08:10 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:

|Mike Halmarack wrote:
| Chris Bacon wrote:
| You can "Make a suggestion" or "Report a technical problem" he
|
| http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py
|
| I wonder whether complaining about the lack of quoting will make
| a difference. I hope so - I've "made a suggestion" - will you?
|
| All these context-free Google posts are ipssing me off a treat.
|
| Sometimes I envy your lack of problems and things to do.
|
|Ii's a Usenet-wide problem. I certainly have better things to do than
|plough through context-less posts and try to find out what they mean,
|hence trying to do something about it, rather than doing eff-all. If
|you also have better things to do, you might complain too, it only
|takes a moment.

Then point out the problems at no cost to you in a sig.

Good man