Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Split Point Drill Bits

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view so
that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I can
make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view so
that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I can
make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:51:35 -0500, Pete C. wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video

Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a
drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video

Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a
drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.

Yes, they have some nice stuff... wish I could afford it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video

Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a
drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.

I resemble that remark. I can't count the tools I wish I had.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:30:56 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view so
that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I can
make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Besides youtube (per other replies) put split-point drill bit
into google images; several end-on views appear. One is from
web page http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html which
describes a dozen or so shop built drill sharpening jigs.
See eg http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html#Facet4
for a good oblique view and tip diagram. Note, I would call
the relevant end-on views bottom views instead of top views.
If you really want a top view see following pictu o

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 00:03:13 +0000, James Waldby wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 16:30:56 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Besides youtube (per other replies) put split-point drill bit into
google images; several end-on views appear. One is from web page
http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html which describes a dozen
or so shop built drill sharpening jigs. See eg
http://www.gadgetbuilder.com/DrillSharp.html#Facet4 for a good oblique
view and tip diagram. Note, I would call the relevant end-on views
bottom views instead of top views. If you really want a top view see
following pictu o

How about "business-end view"?

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:

Does anyone have a link to a good picture of a split-point drill bit?
I've been looking, and all I see are side views -- I'd like a top view
so that I can (a) verify that I really don't have any, and (b) see if I
can make one out of the non-split-points that I have.

Danke.

--
Tim Wescott
Control system and signal processing consulting www.wescottdesign.com

Search split point drill on youtube for a Darex XT3000 video

Thanks. Aside from instilling an unrequitable lust in my heart for a
drill sharpening fixture, that sets me right up.

Yes, they have some nice stuff... wish I could afford it.

I do have a spare Darex M500 sitting on a shelf.......

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli