Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any interestt in aircraft techniques books?

Ive got a first addition copy of Aircraft Welding by L.S. Elzea

Book is in pretty darned good condition, no noticible tears, no stains
the cover and its gold (gilt) printing is in excellent shape. Id rate
it, if it were a gun..about 98%

Book is filled with text and photographs of the actual how to do..of
welding aircraft frames and similar assemblies together. And how to
design and layout such assemblies. I believe this was printed for the
war effort as a master welding guide in ....the Introduction is from
Chris Beech, and the next page is a request from the Boeing company
for such a book in the war effort.

Anyone have any interest in this? Ill give you a 3 day inspection if
you would like.

I also have 21+ absolutely MINT volumes of a matched series of books
on Aircraft mechanics, pneudraulics, drafting, Aerodymanics and Flight
etc etc by the " International Library, International Textbook
Company, Scranton PA

According to Wiki...they were correspondence course books.

The books in The International Library of Technology were published by
I.T.C. These books were bound volumes of the course materials for the
more than 240 courses offered. These books were used and made
available in at least 184 Colleges (Including The U.S. Military
Academy at West Point and Cornell University) and at least 649 Public
Libraries.[4]

Absolutely mint..brand new condition. From my private collection.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/23/2012 4:27 PM, Gunner wrote:
[...]

Like everything else in life, it depends entirely on the price...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:54:59 -0500, Richard
wrote:

[...]

Make me an offer I cant refuse.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Send them over - prepaid freight.
If I like them I'll keep em?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" Gunner Asch wrote in message

I also have 21+ absolutely MINT volumes of a matched series of
books
on Aircraft mechanics, pneudraulics, drafting, Aerodymanics and
Flight
etc etc by the " International Library, International Textbook
Company, Scranton PA

Make me an offer I cant refuse.

Gunner

I'm interested if they show how to build one of these:

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...0-157-web1.jpg

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'm interested if the price is right. Be good for our chapter
library - I'm president of our local recreational aircraft association
chapter.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Along these same lines (but probably not as specialized as the above)
the FAA has a bunch of free publications generally related to methods
techniques, materials & practices... lots of great material buried in
here. Most (if not all) in pdf format.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...uals/aircraft/

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...ory_circulars/

Far as advisory circulars (ACs) go, I suspect the most interest here
might be in parts 43 (AC43.13-2B is a really good one), and part 65
(AC65-12A & AC65-15A in particular), but be sure to look through them
all!

I've been having issues 'deep linking' to pages on the FAA's site... if
you have issues, go to:

http://www.faa.gov/

And do searches on both 'aircraft handbooks & manuals' and 'advisory
circulars', both sans quotes.

Also, NASA has some great stuff as well. This one on wiring, soldering,
crimping, cable lacing and related is excellent!

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/codeq/doctree/87394.pdf

NASA has much more, but I don't know where it all is off the top of my
head... shouldn't be hard to find by wading through their site for a
while.

Take advantage of this material... you've already paid handsomely for
it!

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

If you give me an offer I like..Ill ship em book rate. If you dont
like em..you ship em back. We are both out bookrate one way.

You will have a week to pay for them after you receive them, or send
them back. But I do expect an offer before sending them. I like
you..but I dont know you.

Id suggest you review the titles and the prices of the books as found
on the internet before making me an offer.

Id be more than happy to post an entire listing of the ILT books that
I have and provide some clear photographs. They are Mint++

My technical bookcase is 8' tall..and 8' wide ..and its overflowing
with books I have little or no need for.

Such as "Injection Moulding Handbook: Rusred"...and the World of Model
Trains, Guy R. Williams...and just about everything in between...."How
To Restore Your Collector Car, Brownell" or Clymers Ford Mustang and
Mercury Capri 1979-1987"...also mint+

Some of my books Id probably sell in other venues...such as the Steam
Fitters Book, 1872. Shrug

Some..are very collectable or rare. Others...simply reference books.

Such as a very small, paperback sized hard cover "They Oxy-Acetylene
Welders Handbook, Craftsman Tools, 4th Edition (1948)...mint +

Or The Fundementals of Dimensional Metrology, Bush Wilkie Brothers
Foundation, Second Edition (my second copy) Mint++ soft bound

Some you can download...like the above Fundimentals
http://findpdf.net/ebooks/books-abou...-download.html

Others..shrug

Surveying, Davis and Foot, Third Edition, 1940 edition, Excellent +
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surveying-19...-/380274116037

Everybit as good a copy....shrug.

RS232 Made Easy, Second Edition, Martin D. Seyer, Mint+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RS-232-Made-...-/190603781709

Millwaukee Milling Machines, Repair Parts Book Model 1h &2HL Swivel
Head Vertical Mil, Very Good condition+

Lots and lots of books . Ive been yard saleing, hitting swap meets
and 2nd hand stores for years and finding a book here and there. Ive
bought collections, sold some, kept some..the usual. Some of my
clients have cleaned out their libraries and I wound up with them. etc
etc.
Not a lot of call for Turret Lathe books anymore..except for the hobby
guy or someone who wants to fill a book shelf....shrug.

Ive got 2 mint copies (with dust covers)...of the "Colt, an American
Legend, RL Wilson". I only need one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-An-Amer...-/330780950883

I had 2 mint and one excellent copy of Ed McGivern's Fast and Fancy
Revolver Shooting" and traded the 2 mint 1st editions for a
sporterized Norwegian Krag -Jorgenson in 6.5 Swede , a few years ago.
We both got a good deal. Shrug.

Hell..I picked up a copy of Clymers "Imported Car Carberators" at an
estate sale a couple months ago. Cover is rough, rest of the book is
in Very good condition, has notes stuck in various pages from the
previous owner (dead 25 yrs)..bought it from the widows estate.

Excellent condition on Ebay..$112. Id take best offer over $20 for it
because of the cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Floyd-Clymer...-/190680515950

http://www.alibris.com/search/books/invid/11215514815

I see Jon Anderson has a copy for sale as well....

"Floyd Clymer's Handbook of Imported Car Carburetors & Fuel
Injection,, not sure of publication date. Covers Solex, SU, Weber
carbs, specific info for Alfa Romeo; Austin Mini; Austin Healey;
Austin Healey Sprite; Datsun; Fiat 600, 1100D & 1500 Roadster, Ford
Consul and Cortina, Jauar 2.4, 120-140-150-MK VII, MK IX, XKE, MK10;
Mercedes 300SL, 220-300 SE, 230-300 SE; MGA-MGB; M.G. Midget, 1100
Sedan; Porsche; Renault, all models; Saab; Sunbeam Alpine - Rapeir,
Tiger V8; Toyota, Triumph TR2, TR3, TR4; VW 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600;
Volvo, all models. $10 for all this rare and priceless info that
probably few people need...."

Anyone need a complete set of Hardinge Factory Manuals for Hardinge
CHNC II? Got a set in decent shape. Good set of manuals for a swap or
cash.. That would be $200-500 on ebay. Swap for??

Hanwa SL125 (Oi) Users Manual (CNC)

Lots of books...lots of stuff I really have no need for. Some cheap,
some reasonable. A few...pricey.

Cash is king, swap and trade come in a very close second place.

If there is no interest..maybe Ill get the roommate to do a listing of
all my tech books and start selling them on Ebay or someplace. Got
way way too many Im never going to ever use. And Ive got another
couple thousand still in boxes Ive not even looked at in 5 yrs or
more.

I only have NRA Firearms Assembly 3 &4. Id like to have the full set,
as a single example of swapping books for books or other Stuff.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:39:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner" Gunner Asch wrote in message
.. .

I also have 21+ absolutely MINT volumes of a matched series of
books
on Aircraft mechanics, pneudraulics, drafting, Aerodymanics and
Flight
etc etc by the " International Library, International Textbook
Company, Scranton PA

Make me an offer I cant refuse.

Gunner

I'm interested if they show how to build one of these:

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...0-157-web1.jpg

They can teach you the techniques. But not the plane itself.

Gunner

jsw

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

How much are they worth..and how much are they worth to you?

Anybody have an idea?

I can perhaps make you a better deal than somone else for your
organization. But with the US economy in the toilet..it cant be free.

Lets see...

Airplane Drafting # N567
Stress Analysis for airplane design -1 #621
Stress Analysis for airplane design-2 #622
Aviation Engines 1 # 353C
Aviation Engines-II #354E
Aviation Engines-III #355C
Geometry and Logarithms #318B
Geometric Drawing #163E
Chemistry and Materials of Construction #211C
Aircraft Woodwork-Protective Coatings #607
Developments and Laying-out Problems #464B
Aerodynamics and Flight #594B
Elementary Mechanics #215B
Elements of Mechanics #348B
Kinematics-Pneumatics #326E
Plane Trigonometry #319C
The Slide Rule #N255
Elements of Algebra #291B
Airplanes and Elementary Engineering #566C
Combustion Engines Fuels and Heat #349D
Aircraft Metalwork #606

These as Ive stated..are Mint. No bull****.
7 days inspection allowed
Seriously.

I may..may have some other manuals, info sheets and whatnot from
various aircraft/models/ manufactures as well, but they are out in
sealed storage and it will be a week to find them if I spent 8 hours a
day looking. As I start clearing some of those containers and
boxes...Ill post them here first.

Which reminds me...rummaging through a drawer....

SanTech E-6B Computer

FDF-57B/60B Dead Reckoning Computer

As new. Still in the blue padded holder with the original factory
manual. And I mean NOS. Its pristine. The manual has some misfolded
pages..but it looks very very good. And of course..its one of the
aluminum ones. No wear anywhere. Zip.

http://www.yesterdaystechnology.com/...tech_e-6b.html

it was the unused spare of a gentleman who passed away some years back
WW 2 B-17 pilot turned oilfield executive who flew his Beech 24
regularly all over north america until just before his death some
10-15 or so years ago.

Worth $30 to anyone? Do I have a starting bid? Do I hear $20?

I dont have much else aircraft related. It has not a very big interest
of mine..way above my paygrade...so I never bothered much with books
and whatnot. Only picked up stuff I could use. The 20 odd airplane
related books came as part of an estate sale and the flight computer
as part of another estate sale. I bought a lot of books and tools from
those 2 sales.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:10:56 -0700, Erik wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Say..thanks!!

Im thinning the herd a bit..but finding books in electronic format
store really well. Much obliged!

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 00:15:32 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Gunner Asch on Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:01:43 -0700 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or The Fundementals of Dimensional Metrology, Bush Wilkie Brothers
Foundation, Second Edition (my second copy) Mint++ soft bound

Some you can download...like the above Fundimentals
http://findpdf.net/ebooks/books-abou...-download.html

You got anything on GD&T? (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
It explains all the weird little symbols on "modern" blueprints, which
if followed, give you good parts.

Ill check, but isnt that something easy to find on Google?

Friend of mine drew up a part with them, and while it looks like
it can't be made - everything was "in spec." He has a talent ... I'm
not sure what it is, but he's got a talent.

--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" Gunner Asch wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:39:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

I'm interested if they show how to build one of these:
http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...0-157-web1.jpg

They can teach you the techniques. But not the plane itself.
Gunner

I happened to have that link to the China Clipper painting open after
sending it to someone else as an example of how quickly elegant flying
boats developed from this engineering prototype:
http://www.panamair.org/aircraft/Sik...ikorsky67a.jpg

Builder Igor Sikorsky and pilot Charles Lindbergh sketched out this
redesign during its long maiden flight:
http://fsaircraft.net/sites/default/...s/SikorskyS42B[1].jpg?1297961203

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:49:50 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner" Gunner Asch wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:39:29 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

I'm interested if they show how to build one of these:
http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...0-157-web1.jpg

They can teach you the techniques. But not the plane itself.
Gunner

I happened to have that link to the China Clipper painting open after
sending it to someone else as an example of how quickly elegant flying
boats developed from this engineering prototype:
http://www.panamair.org/aircraft/Sik...ikorsky67a.jpg

Butt fugly.

Builder Igor Sikorsky and pilot Charles Lindbergh sketched out this
redesign during its long maiden flight:
http://fsaircraft.net/sites/default/...s/SikorskyS42B[1].jpg?1297961203

Schweeeet! What a difference a day makes...

--
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Builder Igor Sikorsky and pilot Charles Lindbergh sketched out this
redesign during its long maiden flight:
http://fsaircraft.net/sites/default/...s/SikorskyS42B[1].jpg?1297961203

Schweeeet! What a difference a day makes...

Lindbergh had an eye for airplanes. Other than having the huge gas
tank at the center of gravity where the pilot usually sits, the 1927
Spirit of St Louis looks like the Cessnas flying around today rather
than a 1920's biplane.
http://www.youngeagles.org/photos/ga...StLouis_2J.jpg

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You got anything on GD&T? (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
It explains all the weird little symbols on "modern" blueprints, which
if followed, give you good parts.

Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometr...nd_Tolerancing

Be sure to look through all the references & external links at the end.

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The bigger question is what will it cost to get them to Waterloo
Ontario???

Can you email me pictures of a representative few?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-08-24, Gunner Gunner wrote:

[ ... ]

Which reminds me...rummaging through a drawer....

SanTech E-6B Computer

FDF-57B/60B Dead Reckoning Computer

As new. Still in the blue padded holder with the original factory
manual. And I mean NOS. Its pristine. The manual has some misfolded
pages..but it looks very very good. And of course..its one of the
aluminum ones. No wear anywhere. Zip.

http://www.yesterdaystechnology.com/...tech_e-6b.html

it was the unused spare of a gentleman who passed away some years back
WW 2 B-17 pilot turned oilfield executive who flew his Beech 24
regularly all over north america until just before his death some
10-15 or so years ago.

Worth $30 to anyone? Do I have a starting bid? Do I hear $20?

I've just sent you an e-mail, but sometimes e-mails from here
seem to not make it to you, so I'm duplicating here. Beware that the
e-mail address is spamproofed -- see my .sig for how to fix it. :-)

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-08-24, Gunner Gunner wrote:

[ ... ]

Which reminds me...rummaging through a drawer....

SanTech E-6B Computer

FDF-57B/60B Dead Reckoning Computer

As new. Still in the blue padded holder with the original factory
manual. And I mean NOS. Its pristine. The manual has some misfolded
pages..but it looks very very good. And of course..its one of the
aluminum ones. No wear anywhere. Zip.

http://www.yesterdaystechnology.com/...tech_e-6b.html

it was the unused spare of a gentleman who passed away some years back
WW 2 B-17 pilot turned oilfield executive who flew his Beech 24
regularly all over north america until just before his death some
10-15 or so years ago.

Worth $30 to anyone? Do I have a starting bid? Do I hear $20?

Well ... the e-mail to you just bounced. Good thing that I
posted here too.

It said:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at katana.d-and-d.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

:
209.86.93.122 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 account is
unavailable
Giving up on 209.86.93.122.

I've added the "*****" where your spamproofing was, but it was
removed when I sent.

Looks as though you will have to send to me from a current
account, and that your headers show an old e-mail account.

Remember to remove the spam-proofing from my e-mail address
(instructions in my .sig below).

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Erik on Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:02:18 -0700 typed in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

You got anything on GD&T? (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
It explains all the weird little symbols on "modern" blueprints, which
if followed, give you good parts.

Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometr...nd_Tolerancing

Be sure to look through all the references & external links at the end.

Thank you.

Brain fart "Why didn't I think of that?"
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Does book rate apply to mail going to Canada? I think its $3 for just
about any quantify of books. Can anyone clear this up?

Can you email me pictures of a representative few?

Sure! Ill do that later tonight.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Builder Igor Sikorsky and pilot Charles Lindbergh sketched out this
redesign during its long maiden flight:
http://fsaircraft.net/sites/default/...s/SikorskyS42B[1].jpg?1297961203

Schweeeet! What a difference a day makes...

Lindbergh had an eye for airplanes. Other than having the huge gas
tank at the center of gravity where the pilot usually sits, the 1927
Spirit of St Louis looks like the Cessnas flying around today rather
than a 1920's biplane.
http://www.youngeagles.org/photos/ga...StLouis_2J.jpg

Yeah, 'cept for the bigass gas tank in front of the pilot's eyes. I
prefer the newer biplanes with better visibility, thanks.
I wish I'd been smart and gone after airplane mechanics instead of
auto. I'd have my pilot's license and probably a plane now, not to
mention a real bank account (with commas and everything!)

--
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 24 Aug 2012 21:17:18 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

[ ... ]

It said:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at katana.d-and-d.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

:
209.86.93.122 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 account is
unavailable
Giving up on 209.86.93.122.

I've added the "*****" where your spamproofing was, but it was
removed when I sent.

Looks as though you will have to send to me from a current
account, and that your headers show an old e-mail account.

Remember to remove the spam-proofing from my e-mail address
(instructions in my .sig below).

Thanks,
DoN.

whoops...Ive not run this computer for at least 8 yrs...looks like I
didnt correct my email address in the header info

sorry.
gunnerasch At gmail.com for most serious stuff
gunnerasch AT hotmail.com for most fun stuff

Sorry again

Ive just corrected it in my headers.

Gunner,

this is a windows machine not a linux machine. The other one..is
toast.

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for the update. I have the 60's manual and this is a better
and much more complete manual. I have most of the skills, just need
to stick to them. Spent a summer working on SkyLab. A long time ago.

Martin

Gunner Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Gunner says...

wrote:

[...]

No. Media Mail is US only. Maxes out at about 30 bucks for 70 pounds
(postal service won't carry anything over 70 pounds except as express
which is big bucks).

Cheapest way to send books international is usually a flat rate box--40
bucks to Canada for up to 20 pounds.

Can you email me pictures of a representative few?

Sure! Ill do that later tonight.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Gunner says...

wrote:

[...]

Damn thats expensive!! Anyone coming to the States anytime soon?

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner on Sat, 25 Aug 2012 06:35:09 -0700 typed

Does book rate apply to mail going to Canada? I think its $3 for just
about any quantify of books. Can anyone clear this up?

No. Media Mail is US only. Maxes out at about 30 bucks for 70 pounds
(postal service won't carry anything over 70 pounds except as express
which is big bucks).

Cheapest way to send books international is usually a flat rate box--40
bucks to Canada for up to 20 pounds.

Damn thats expensive!! Anyone coming to the States anytime soon?

Or Canada?

Hmmm, booze is two thirds the price in CA than in WA. If I stock
up, I can save enough to afford the gas and then some, and the trip
pays for itself. Hmm, still need the price of gas to go down to make
this work better. From here to Taft CA and then to Taft BC [another
place settled by the Wherethefugawi], and back is 2900 miles, - $485
dollars for gas, at 20 bucks a bottle is 24.5 bottles - two cases and
a bottle, make it three cases to show a profit - er allow for side
trips and Poste Canada. But that is just my savings. If I'm taking
orders ... half the savings to make my markup less than Washington's -
six cases. Hmmm, now all I need is the initial funding.
490 for gas, plus the 50 bottles run another 1000 ... less the fan
belt, oil change and replacing the shocks.
Dang it, "I can't afford to be cost effective."
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

aircraft newsgroup? engineman Metalworking 6 May 4th 11 02:08 AM
YANQUI cry babies concerned that Iran has achieved parity inDRONES and against the massive AIRCRAFT carriers which are like SITTING DUCKS.A nation needs AIRCRAFT carriers to venture out for IMPERIALISTIC assaultsbut cant go out on speed boats. Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 August 27th 10 03:52 AM
TOY AIRCRAFT CARRIERS J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 04:44 PM
WTB Books on Marquetry and inlay techniques DRS Woodworking 3 August 12th 07 05:36 AM
Books on wire fishing techniques and wiremold Max Voltaire Home Repair 9 August 25th 03 04:43 PM