Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_6_] Gunner[_6_] is offline

Default Any interestt in aircraft techniques books?

Ive got a first addition copy of Aircraft Welding by L.S. Elzea

Book is in pretty darned good condition, no noticible tears, no stains
the cover and its gold (gilt) printing is in excellent shape. Id rate
it, if it were a gun..about 98%

Book is filled with text and photographs of the actual how to do..of
welding aircraft frames and similar assemblies together. And how to
design and layout such assemblies. I believe this was printed for the
war effort as a master welding guide in ....the Introduction is from
Chris Beech, and the next page is a request from the Boeing company
for such a book in the war effort.

Anyone have any interest in this? Ill give you a 3 day inspection if
you would like.

I also have 21+ absolutely MINT volumes of a matched series of books
on Aircraft mechanics, pneudraulics, drafting, Aerodymanics and Flight
etc etc by the " International Library, International Textbook
Company, Scranton PA

According to Wiki...they were correspondence course books.

The books in The International Library of Technology were published by
I.T.C. These books were bound volumes of the course materials for the
more than 240 courses offered. These books were used and made
available in at least 184 Colleges (Including The U.S. Military
Academy at West Point and Cornell University) and at least 649 Public
Libraries.[4]

Absolutely mint..brand new condition. From my private collection.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper