Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Horrible Fright first aid kit

The first aid kit no longer listed on Harbor Freight web site. But,
it's on HF Reviews.
http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=1915#review2191
I bought two zip pouch first aid kits. I'm not totally sure where I
would have one of these kits, and need to do first aid. The kits are
too large to fit in a pocket. Too large to fit into my fanny pack.
Both vehicles have larger than this first aid kits. Maybe to remove
metal working splinters?

Ah, well. Not to be deterred by reality. What to put in such a zip
up kit?

I'm thinking along the lines of real store brand bandages. Store brand
roll of tape. Maybe some of the medications I take, in foil packs.
Cough and cold pills, allergy pills, pain pills, diarrhea pills.

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

I like this web page, the animated discussion. By people who know.
http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gea...ics/71393.html

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter tweezers.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter tweezers.

http://www.slivergripper.com/

These are the *best* tweezers for splinters.

Made in Exotic, Mysterious West Hartford Connecticut.

No relationship other than that of Happy Customer.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter
tweezers.

http://www.slivergripper.com/

These are the *best* tweezers for splinters.
Made in Exotic, Mysterious West Hartford Connecticut.
No relationship other than that of Happy Customer.
--Winston

They all work well after fitting the jaws by sliding sandpaper through
them and grinding the edges even. Since that removes the plating,
stainless lasts better outdoors.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

How small?
You can buy most of the OTC stuff in small single dose packs for first
aid kits.
Them I would add a GOOD pair of tweezers, a pair of forceps (for larger
things and to hold needles and such.
A couple rolls of gauze, a small assortment of different bandages
(knuckle, fingertip, medium and large band aids)
a tube of triple antibiotic ointment, a small tube of ichthammol drawing
salve. A couple small tubes of crazy glue (the little single use ones
work well) small bottle of saline/eye wash. couple short strips of
aluminum (thick enough to be stiff but easily bent) A couple of the
mylar emergency blankets and a roll of mechanics wire. Plus a small roll
or folded square of duct tape and some bandage tape.

If you have a bigger case then I have a bigger list.
I have an in home kit that would probably be the entire medical office
in some places.
The kit is stored in a Plano 1155 tackle box!

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can't remember the brand, but one of the stores has triple antibiotic with
pain relief stuff. I've used that, with good results.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter tweezers.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

West Hartford? Do they speak English, there?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Winston" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter tweezers.

http://www.slivergripper.com/

These are the *best* tweezers for splinters.

Made in Exotic, Mysterious West Hartford Connecticut.

No relationship other than that of Happy Customer.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In my one car, I do have a first aid kit in a tool box. In the case of the
HF zip pouches, it's about 8 inches long, the longest side of the kit. The
roll of mechanics wire is pushing the limits of the case. And "a couple foil
blankets" would take up about 1/3 the space of the kit. The super glue makes
sense, and is used in some hospitals and clinics.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Steve W." wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Stormin wrote

What else might fit into a small zip pouch? Dental pain cream?

The things I actually use are Iodine, BandAids and splinter
tweezers.

http://www.slivergripper.com/

These are the *best* tweezers for splinters.
Made in Exotic, Mysterious West Hartford Connecticut.
No relationship other than that of Happy Customer.
--Winston

They all work well after fitting the jaws by sliding sandpaper through
them and grinding the edges even. Since that removes the plating,
stainless lasts better outdoors.

I like the pointy ends of the sliver gripper.
It eases the task of excavating around the sliver
to get a good grip. The close location of the hinge
feature to the point means that the jaws don't get all
misaligned, too. The small size is convenient.
It is simple but brilliant.

I've carried one on my key chain for years.

One could modify conventional tweezers to include these
features, for sure.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The web site doesn't list prices. That's a redflag to me, they are too
expensive.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org