Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Horrible Fright first aid kit

The web site doesn't list prices. That's a redflag to me, they are too
expensive.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Winston" wrote in message

http://www.slivergripper.com/

These are the *best* tweezers for splinters.
Made in Exotic, Mysterious West Hartford Connecticut.
No relationship other than that of Happy Customer.
--Winston

They all work well after fitting the jaws by sliding sandpaper through
them and grinding the edges even. Since that removes the plating,
stainless lasts better outdoors.

I like the pointy ends of the sliver gripper.
It eases the task of excavating around the sliver
to get a good grip. The close location of the hinge
feature to the point means that the jaws don't get all
misaligned, too. The small size is convenient.
It is simple but brilliant.

I've carried one on my key chain for years.

One could modify conventional tweezers to include these
features, for sure.

--Winston