Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Milling Machines and Horrible Fright coupons

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is just not
possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best compromise for me is
going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room for one that size , and it
will do most of the projects I have in mind . The bigger stuff will just
have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...) coupon
with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of y'all fine
folks provide me with a link ?

--
Snag
wannabe machinist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is just not
possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best compromise for me is
going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room for one that size , and it
will do most of the projects I have in mind . The bigger stuff will just
have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...) coupon
with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of y'all fine
folks provide me with a link ?

Wish I had a link but don't feel bad about the knee mill. With the price of steel and
other materials, most of us are not going to be machining large chunks of metal very
often.

Besides the X3 is a nice platform for mach3 fwih. Can you pick it up and save on freight?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is just not
possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best compromise for me is
going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room for one that size , and it
will do most of the projects I have in mind . The bigger stuff will just
have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...) coupon
with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of y'all fine
folks provide me with a link ?

The coupons have been a bit scarce lately. I haven't seen a 20% for a
while, but 15% coupons still show up occasionally on the flyers in the
mail, and once in a great while in one of the emails. Make sure you're
on the lists and just wait I guess.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is
just not possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best
compromise for me is going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room
for one that size , and it will do most of the projects I have in
mind . The bigger stuff will just have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...)
coupon with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of
y'all fine folks provide me with a link ?

Wish I had a link but don't feel bad about the knee mill. With the
price of steel and other materials, most of us are not going to be
machining large chunks of metal very often.

Besides the X3 is a nice platform for mach3 fwih. Can you pick it up
and save on freight?

Wes

Part of the reason I decided on H-F is their "in-store special order"
program . No shipping charge . 999 isn't a bad price , but 849 leaves more
money for tooling ...
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is
just not possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best
compromise for me is going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room
for one that size , and it will do most of the projects I have in
mind . The bigger stuff will just have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...)
coupon with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of
y'all fine folks provide me with a link ?

The coupons have been a bit scarce lately. I haven't seen a 20% for a
while, but 15% coupons still show up occasionally on the flyers in the
mail, and once in a great while in one of the emails. Make sure you're
on the lists and just wait I guess.

I get the flyers all the time , maybe I need to look them over better . I
guess I need to get on the email list too .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The coupons for singe item discounts are usually only on the mailed
flyers. Get on the HF mailing list.
JR
Dweller in the celar

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 15:46:46 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I have resigned myself to the fact that a full sized knee mill is just not
possible or feasible for now . Right now , the best compromise for me is
going to be an X3 type mill/drill . I have room for one that size , and it
will do most of the projects I have in mind . The bigger stuff will just
have to wait .
I've been looking around for a 15% off one item (or even 10% ...) coupon
with no luck . Do they still have these ? If so , can one of y'all fine
folks provide me with a link ?

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
The coupons for singe item discounts are usually only on the mailed
flyers. Get on the HF mailing list.
JR
Dweller in the celar

I already get the flyers , just haven't been watching for those coupons .
I did find a 20% off on the 'net , and intend to use it today ... or try . I
think I tried to use one like this a year or so ago , they insisted it was
bogus - but did offer me a 15% reduction . At that time , and on the item I
wanted , 20 % would have put it within my means , 15% didn't .

--
Snag
wannabe machinist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
JR North wrote:
The coupons for singe item discounts are usually only on the mailed
flyers. Get on the HF mailing list.
JR
Dweller in the celar

I already get the flyers , just haven't been watching for those coupons . I did find a 20% off on
the 'net , and intend to use it today ... or try . I think I tried to use one like this a year or
so ago , they insisted it was bogus - but did offer me a 15% reduction . At that time , and on the
item I wanted , 20 % would have put it within my means , 15% didn't .

--
Snag
wannabe machinist

They used to email 10 and 20 percent off coupons. I have jpgs of both of them. They have no
expiration dates. One of these days I will take one in just to see what they do.....Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
The coupons for singe item discounts are usually only on the mailed
flyers. Get on the HF mailing list.
JR
Dweller in the celar

I already get the flyers , just haven't been watching for those
coupons . I did find a 20% off on the 'net , and intend to use it
today ... or try . I think I tried to use one like this a year or so
ago , they insisted it was bogus - but did offer me a 15% reduction
. At that time , and on the item I wanted , 20 % would have put it
within my means , 15% didn't . --
Snag
wannabe machinist

They used to email 10 and 20 percent off coupons. I have jpgs of both
of them. They have no expiration dates. One of these days I will take
one in just to see what they do.....Paul

Any chance you could forward a copy of that 20% coupon to me ? My reply-to
address is good ... and I'd like to compare it to the one I downloaded last
night .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
[...]

Thanks , Paul ! Very similar to the one I found , but the barcode and number
are different . Tonight we shop ...

Snag
wannabe machinist