Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LOL...RogerN is outed as a racist and is worried that God might find out......

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip
FWIW, I think your position is morally inconsistent (if the unborn are
"innocent," and if terminating a pregnancy is "murder," then what
about those which are innocently the product of rape? Why isn't
terminating them murder, too?)

The victim of rape was not a willing partner in the action that made her
pregnant. Can you see the difference? A person that willingly takes
illegal drugs is different than a person that is drugged by someone else.
Likewise a woman that willingly engages in a sex act and becomes pregnant is
different than a woman that is raped and becomes pregnant.

But moral inconsistency is not what I would object to. Like the
fiction writers who cook up stories to use for the purpose of
inflating their egos while belittling others (think Gunner here), I
think you've conveniently defined a position to express your
resentment toward people who have been involved in some of the
unpleasant things in your life. Actually, you're projecting it upon
people who weren't involved at all.

I don't think so, I just very strongly believe people should be responsible
for their own actions. A rape victim shouldn't be required to have the
child of her rapist. Is the person that wants the abortion responsible for
their own condition? If a person is killed as a result of gunfire, can you
see a difference if it was an accidental misfire versus an intentional aim
and pull the trigger?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Makes no difference to the innocent fetus how it was conceived.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP" wrote in message ...

"RogerN" wrote in message

snip
I don't think so, I just very strongly believe people should be
responsible for their own actions. A rape victim shouldn't be required
to have the child of her rapist. Is the person that wants the abortion
responsible for their own condition? If a person is killed as a result
of gunfire, can you see a difference if it was an accidental misfire
versus an intentional aim and pull the trigger?

RogerN

Makes no difference to the innocent fetus how it was conceived.

Makes no difference to someone killed by a gunshot if it was an accident or
intentional. An accidental firearm discharge killing a person is not the
same as someone aiming and firing a gun at someone intending to kill them.
If an innocent fetus is conceived by its father raping the mother then if
the mother gets an abortion the father should be charged with the murder,
since he is the only one to blame for the conception. This concept isn't
too radical, if a man kills a pregnant woman he is charged with killing two
people, if a woman kills the baby she has simply exercised her right to
choose to murder.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 20:38:58 -0600, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

snip
FWIW, I think your position is morally inconsistent (if the unborn are
"innocent," and if terminating a pregnancy is "murder," then what
about those which are innocently the product of rape? Why isn't
terminating them murder, too?)

The victim of rape was not a willing partner in the action that made her
pregnant. Can you see the difference?

Oh, yeah. There's a difference. A difference to the mother, not to the
fetus.

We wound up right in this same place a couple of years ago, Roger. It
turns out that you're really interested in punishing the mother.
That's the projection -- or transference -- I was talking about.
Because if you really cared about the "innocent baby," it wouldn't
matter to you whether it was conceived in wedlock or through rape.

It's all the same to the fetus.

A person that willingly takes
illegal drugs is different than a person that is drugged by someone else.
Likewise a woman that willingly engages in a sex act and becomes pregnant is
different than a woman that is raped and becomes pregnant.

You're talking about the mother again. What about the innocent "baby"?

But moral inconsistency is not what I would object to. Like the
fiction writers who cook up stories to use for the purpose of
inflating their egos while belittling others (think Gunner here), I
think you've conveniently defined a position to express your
resentment toward people who have been involved in some of the
unpleasant things in your life. Actually, you're projecting it upon
people who weren't involved at all.

I don't think so, I just very strongly believe people should be responsible
for their own actions. A rape victim shouldn't be required to have the
child of her rapist. Is the person that wants the abortion responsible for
their own condition? If a person is killed as a result of gunfire, can you
see a difference if it was an accidental misfire versus an intentional aim
and pull the trigger?

See above.

--
Ed Huntress