Steve Fuller

Default Worried about my bricks

Hello All,

I am worried about the state of some of my house bricks. I have posted
pictures here if anybody wants to take a look:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/sj_fuller2004

The pictures show two problems, a gash out of two adjoining bricks at
the corner of the house and a brick with a crater in it. Could this have
been caused by frost damage?

I would be really grateful for some advice on what has caused this and
possible solutions, I guess replacing the bricks is the only real answer.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
BillV

"Steve Fuller" no_email_under_any_circumstances wrote in message
Hello All,

I am worried about the state of some of my house bricks. I have posted
pictures here if anybody wants to take a look:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/sj_fuller2004

The pictures show two problems, a gash out of two adjoining bricks at
the corner of the house and a brick with a crater in it. Could this have
been caused by frost damage?

I would be really grateful for some advice on what has caused this and
possible solutions, I guess replacing the bricks is the only real answer.

Doesn't look like normal brick frost damage to me. Normally that is
characteristic "spalling" of the flat surfaces of the bricks where frost get
in them and forces off flat pieces. In bad cases on old houses they usually
render the whole wall.
Your bricks seem to me in otherwise good condition.
Personally I wouldn't worry about it. My 25 year old house has worse gashes
on corners where wheel barrows etc have bumped into it.
Someone who is skilled enough could make it look neater by repointing.

Steve Fuller

Lobster wrote:

"Steve Fuller" no_email_under_any_circumstances wrote in message

I am worried about the state of some of my house bricks. I have posted
pictures here if anybody wants to take a look:

Well I was about to say "it's got to be mechanical damage of some sort"
because the gashes in the four bricks look identical, ie made by the same
implement/tool; however, then I spotted they were different views of the
same gash! However, still looks the most likely explanation to me. Are
these the only two damaged areas? Did the suddenly appear or have they
'always' been there? Doesn't look to me like anything worth losing sleep
over. You should see the bricks on my house!

David

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, don't know when it happened, just
noticed it for the first time the other week.

Andrew Mawson

"Steve Fuller" no_email_under_any_circumstances wrote in message
Hello All,

I am worried about the state of some of my house bricks. I have posted
pictures here if anybody wants to take a look:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/sj_fuller2004

The pictures show two problems, a gash out of two adjoining bricks at
the corner of the house and a brick with a crater in it. Could this have
been caused by frost damage?

I would be really grateful for some advice on what has caused this and
possible solutions, I guess replacing the bricks is the only real answer.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Steve,

You desperately need to cast around to find something else to worry about
!!!!!! Very minor damage, probably both impact.

Think about mortgage rates, redundancy, wife leaving you, and all the other
real problems in life g

Andrew

Grunff

Steve Fuller wrote:

I am worried about the state of some of my house bricks. I have posted
pictures here if anybody wants to take a look:

Good God man! The rest of your life must be one flawless masterpiece if
you're down to this level of detail!

--
Grunff