Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Make your own trailer from M105A2 bed (RogerN?)

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USIL|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country _State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall &N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words= m105a2&cmd=keyword

http://tinyurl.com/2avsqjq

Apparently, a shipload of M105A2 beds is being sold at Rock Island
base, in sets of three each. I have a feeling that they are new old
stock. I also have a feeling that the military is dumping all M105A2a
and probably all M35A2 trucks also.

And if I was single, I would for sure buy an M35A2 or A3.

Anyway, I made my own trailer out of a bed like this 3 years ago and I
have been very happy with it.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...th-M105A2-Bed/

Rock Island may be close to RogerN.

A word of warning, since such a huge quantity is being auctioned,
selling off the unused beds may be difficult if the market gets
flooded with them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus1469 wrote:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USIL|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country _State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall &N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words= m105a2&cmd=keyword

http://tinyurl.com/2avsqjq

Apparently, a shipload of M105A2 beds is being sold at Rock Island
base, in sets of three each. I have a feeling that they are new old
stock. I also have a feeling that the military is dumping all M105A2a
and probably all M35A2 trucks also.

And if I was single, I would for sure buy an M35A2 or A3.

Buy the M35Ax and you can be single...

Anyway, I made my own trailer out of a bed like this 3 years ago and I
have been very happy with it.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...th-M105A2-Bed/

Rock Island may be close to RogerN.

A word of warning, since such a huge quantity is being auctioned,
selling off the unused beds may be difficult if the market gets
flooded with them.

If you get them cheap enough, it's always scrap steel after you pull
whatever bits you want off of them. Your gov paperwork specifies you
won't export them, but that doesn't apply to the US scrap metal dealer
grinding them up and selling the grindings to China where they can turn
them into more Harbor Freight goodies.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:18:33 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ignoramus1469 wrote:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USIL|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country _State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall &N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words= m105a2&cmd=keyword

http://tinyurl.com/2avsqjq

Crikey, the gummint is paying over three grand for those fookin' beds
by themselves?!? Acq Value:3 $9,048

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus1469" wrote in message
[...]

According to Google maps directions Rock Island is 322 miles from me.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus1469 wrote:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USIL|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country _State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall &N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words= m105a2&cmd=keyword

http://tinyurl.com/2avsqjq

Crikey, the gummint is paying over three grand for those fookin' beds
by themselves?!? Acq Value:3 $9,048

And they are worth it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 11, 6:59*pm, Ignoramus1469
And they are worth it.

I'm reading an article about exploring Sakhalin in a 'shishiga' truck.
Would you buy one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-66

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ignoramus1469 wrote:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/endecaSearch?Ntt=USIL|m105a2&Ntk=P_Auction_Country _State|P_Lot_Title&Ntx=mode+matchall|mode+matchall &N=0&Nty=1&Ns=Lot%20Number|0&location=US_IL&words= m105a2&cmd=keyword

http://tinyurl.com/2avsqjq

Crikey, the gummint is paying over three grand for those fookin' beds
by themselves?!? Acq Value:3 $9,048

And they are worth it.

I find that hard to believe. What, are they made of
titanium/unobtanium alloy? $3k is too much for an entire -trailer-,
let alone just a bed.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-09-11, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:59?pm, Ignoramus1469
And they are worth it.

I'm reading an article about exploring Sakhalin in a 'shishiga' truck.
Would you buy one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-66

I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.

Its Russian equivalent is he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural-4320

That truck is still in production.

The newer version is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBCuU...ayer_embedded#!

I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single
of course.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:51:25 -0500, Ignoramus1469

On 2010-09-11, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:59?pm, Ignoramus1469
And they are worth it.

I'm reading an article about exploring Sakhalin in a 'shishiga' truck.
Would you buy one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAZ-66

I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.

Its Russian equivalent is he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural-4320

That truck is still in production.

The newer version is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBCuU...ayer_embedded#!

I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single
of course.

That shouldn't be hard, just buy that CNC lathe you want and finish
filling up the garage

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:51 pm,
I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.
I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single
of course.

The Deuce-n-a-haf wasn't much fun on the Autobahn, especially the
rough concrete section near Frankfurt. When it was available we used a
Suburban (C-10) that cruised comfortably at 100 MPH. It helps to have
a rich Uncle to pay for gas.

I still can't figure out why anyone would want a
deuceandahalf. They beat the hell out of you, they
won't get out of their own way on the highway and
they are noisy as hell. I need one now about as
bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:20:30 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:51 pm,
I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.
I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single
of course.

The Deuce-n-a-haf wasn't much fun on the Autobahn, especially the
rough concrete section near Frankfurt. When it was available we used a
Suburban (C-10) that cruised comfortably at 100 MPH. It helps to have
a rich Uncle to pay for gas.

I still can't figure out why anyone would want a
deuceandahalf. They beat the hell out of you, they
won't get out of their own way on the highway and
they are noisy as hell. I need one now about as
bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...

I like the rowdy way they roll over cop cars. Pick up a copy of
"Rambo: First Blood" and watch him bounce one over the patrol car. g

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary.
-- Peter Minard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart on Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:20:30 -0700
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:51 pm,
I like Deuce and a half better, for the sheer looks.
I would own whichever one has better parts support, if I was single
of course.

The Deuce-n-a-haf wasn't much fun on the Autobahn, especially the
rough concrete section near Frankfurt. When it was available we used a
Suburban (C-10) that cruised comfortably at 100 MPH. It helps to have
a rich Uncle to pay for gas.

I still can't figure out why anyone would want a
deuceandahalf. They beat the hell out of you, they
won't get out of their own way on the highway and
they are noisy as hell.

"and they have their badpoints as well."

The fact remains, they are multi-fueled, all terrain capable,
robust as hell, and a threat in and of their own right.

I need one now about as
bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...

And some people will read that sentence and say "Your point???"

it isn't that it takes all kinds, just that we seem to have all
kinds.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

I need one now about as
bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...

And some people will read that sentence and say "Your point???"

Google figure of speech - analogy

it isn't that it takes all kinds, just that we seem to have all
kinds.

Agreed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:18:20 -0700
pyotr filipivich wrote:
Jim on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:50:47 -0700
pyotr filipivich wrote:

I need one now about as
bad as I need a senior drill sargent as a roommate...

And some people will read that sentence and say "Your point???"

Google figure of speech - analogy

Ah, the old "finger bone of speech" routine. Like I said, some
people will read that sentence, and not see the problem. Maybe
because they are married to a senior drill sergeant. Or are a drill
sergeant themselves. Or don't find it a problem.

So now I'm wondering what your point is. Figures
of speech are a totally acceptable form of English
communications.

Your statement "finger bone of speech" is, in itself
some sort of metaphor or figure of speech (I'm too

Albert the Alligator used it a lot in Pogo. Back in the dark
ages.

Oh, never mind.
lazy to look it up). Were you making it as some
sort of sideways criticism of the less than straight-
forward English?

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

Fort Mudge was one of my first postings

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 00:52:14 -0700

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

"The Cherokee are Emailing from Fort Mudge!"

I don't know what it means either.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

You have to be a life long devotee of Pogo to understand the wheres of
the whyfores.

Dad hung Pogo pictures around my crib. Which may perhaps explain some
of my issues...errrr...strengths.

VBG

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:17:53 -0700

Fort Mudge was one of my first postings

"The Cherokee are Emailing from Fort Mudge!"

I don't know what it means either.

You have to be a life long devotee of Pogo to understand the wheres of
the whyfores.

Dad hung Pogo pictures around my crib. Which may perhaps explain some
of my issues...errrr...strengths.

I have one of the early books.

VBG

I have an Al Capp cartoon where one of the lefties is taking
Kickapoo Joe around,, to show him all the places she'll work to get
restored to her Noble Native American Friend. But they are all
"sub-optimal". So they go back to her estates, to freshen up. When
he decides he likes it here, "you move out." she sics the dogs on him.
"Liberals is real indian giver' he yells as the dogs chase him.

Some things haven't changed in 35 years.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:49:14 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I have an Al Capp cartoon where one of the lefties is taking
Kickapoo Joe around,, to show him all the places she'll work to get
restored to her Noble Native American Friend. But they are all
"sub-optimal". So they go back to her estates, to freshen up. When
he decides he likes it here, "you move out." she sics the dogs on him.
"Liberals is real indian giver' he yells as the dogs chase him.

Some things haven't changed in 35 years.

True! snort

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one