Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default LOL...RogerN is outed as a racist and is worried that God might find out......

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip
FWIW, I think your position is morally inconsistent (if the unborn are
"innocent," and if terminating a pregnancy is "murder," then what
about those which are innocently the product of rape? Why isn't
terminating them murder, too?)

The victim of rape was not a willing partner in the action that made her
pregnant. Can you see the difference? A person that willingly takes
illegal drugs is different than a person that is drugged by someone else.
Likewise a woman that willingly engages in a sex act and becomes pregnant is
different than a woman that is raped and becomes pregnant.

But moral inconsistency is not what I would object to. Like the
fiction writers who cook up stories to use for the purpose of
inflating their egos while belittling others (think Gunner here), I
think you've conveniently defined a position to express your
resentment toward people who have been involved in some of the
unpleasant things in your life. Actually, you're projecting it upon
people who weren't involved at all.

I don't think so, I just very strongly believe people should be responsible
for their own actions. A rape victim shouldn't be required to have the
child of her rapist. Is the person that wants the abortion responsible for
their own condition? If a person is killed as a result of gunfire, can you
see a difference if it was an accidental misfire versus an intentional aim
and pull the trigger?

RogerN