Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ring roller info?

Can anybody recommend a book?
I'm after basics on design and use of the various rolls for different
stock - round and square tubes, etc.
I bought a manual roller, but only have a few rolls.
It is able to roll up to 10mm x 50mm flat bar, according to the brochure.
I've searched, but can't find much useful info.

Another query: To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jordan" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend a book?
I'm after basics on design and use of the various rolls for different
stock - round and square tubes, etc.
I bought a manual roller, but only have a few rolls.
It is able to roll up to 10mm x 50mm flat bar, according to the brochure.
I've searched, but can't find much useful info.

Another query: To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan

Or wind a helix, cut out one complete loop and bend the ends into alignment.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan

Or wind a helix, cut out one complete loop and bend the ends into alignment.

jsw

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the confirmation!

Ring roller drawings and such Keith Marshall Metalworking 18 April 3rd 09 01:45 AM
Ring Roller S_Riddle Metalworking 1 February 28th 04 03:34 PM
Homemade ring roller Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho Metalworking 2 February 11th 04 09:49 PM
New Ring Roller available Keith Marshall Metalworking 2 October 13th 03 01:20 AM
Ring Roller Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 0 September 30th 03 11:58 PM