S_Riddle

Default Ring Roller

I am looking to make a basic ring roller to roll up to 3"x3" square tubing.
Can anyone help me on plans for one this size? I have seen many of the
little "wire" ones and seen ones like offered on Shop Outfitters web site
but I have not seen anyones plans.

One question I have is which rollers to drive from. I have seen some drive
the one movable roller while others drive the other 2.

Do you have to do anything special to the outside of the rollers to help
prevent slipage? Like Knurl?

Thanks

Scott

Roy

Correct me if I am wrong, but you want to be able to roll 3" sq tube
into rings? Thats a pretty serious sized piece of tube to roll.

Knurls may be necessary on smaller diameter rollers, but I have not
found this to be a problem. The HF ring roller has knurls on it.
Others I have seen in this size do not. Other than slight marks it may
or may not cause any problems, depending on the final use of the
rings.

I really think its 6 of one and half a dozen of the others as to how
many rollers need to drive. In a small roller I would think one would
be sufficient. I ganged all three rollers on a larger pipe roller to
drive. I would make it with the drive roller being the easiest one to
drive out of your design you settle on. I like the adjustable roller
to drive for the most part.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:15:51 -0600, "S_Riddle"
wrote:

===I am looking to make a basic ring roller to roll up to 3"x3" square tubing.
===Can anyone help me on plans for one this size? I have seen many of the
===little "wire" ones and seen ones like offered on Shop Outfitters web site
===but I have not seen anyones plans.
===
===One question I have is which rollers to drive from. I have seen some drive
===the one movable roller while others drive the other 2.
===
===Do you have to do anything special to the outside of the rollers to help
===prevent slipage? Like Knurl?
===
===Thanks
===
===Scott
===
===
===
===
===-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
===http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
===-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Searching for Ring Roller Plans S_Riddle Metalworking 0 February 23rd 04 01:08 AM
Ring roller question Roy Metalworking 1 February 17th 04 02:27 PM
American Chopper Ring roller Chief McGee Metalworking 1 February 16th 04 05:47 AM
Homemade ring roller Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho Metalworking 2 February 11th 04 09:49 PM
New Ring Roller available Keith Marshall Metalworking 2 October 13th 03 01:20 AM