Keith Marshall

Default New Ring Roller available

Someone recently asked about a ring roller like the one used on American
Chopper and the one at Shop Outfitters was suggested. I just wanted to let
everyone know that there is a new one on the market that might be worth a
try.

I went to a Homier truckload tool sale yesterday and they now have one for
$99.99. It looks to be about the same size as the Shop Outfitters' version
but instead of a large wheel it uses 4 handles. The top roller has ball
bearings mounted in 4-bolt flanges and the bracket holding the lower rollers
is raised with a small hydraulic jack to control the amount of bend.

It looks like it might be decent but they only had a display with none to
sell this time. The one thing I noticed that I didn't like is that there
were no grooves in the rollers for bending rod. I'm sure you could do it
anyway but the grooves help keep it straight.

Here's a link for anyone that's interested:

http://www.homier.com/itemdetail.asp?i=04647&browse=no

It's a simple design that would be very easy to build but $100 isn't a bad
price either. :-)

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

jim

Keith Marshall wrote:

[...]

they told you that it was a display model??? its those guys who they
send out on the trucks... they dont want to go out and get one out the
truck for you... i had the same thing years ago... they even told me
that they had the item on the truck(it was a $00.00 item) and they would
not go out to the truck to get it until they sold all the junk that was
in the viewing room first....
BEAR

Geez I like Homier!

I ran into a tent sale up this way a few years ago and got one of those
big drill caddies full of chinese drills for $10bucks a pop - same crap, afaik,
that everyone else gets $29-$39 bucks for... must be, they break the same! '- )

_-_-bear

Adding Socketds Roger UK diy 9 March 17th 04 11:47 PM
Ring mains and consumer unit David UK diy 2 January 14th 04 04:36 PM
Is my main socket ring too big? Paul UK diy 24 November 25th 03 09:03 PM
Ring Roller Ernie Leimkuhler Metalworking 0 September 30th 03 11:58 PM
extending a ring main Paul Draper UK diy 7 July 4th 03 07:43 PM