DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ring roller info? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/334204-ring-roller-info.html)

Jordan[_7_] January 10th 12 10:41 PM

Ring roller info?

Can anybody recommend a book?
I'm after basics on design and use of the various rolls for different
stock - round and square tubes, etc.
I bought a manual roller, but only have a few rolls.
It is able to roll up to 10mm x 50mm flat bar, according to the brochure.
I've searched, but can't find much useful info.

Another query: To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan

Jim Wilkins[_2_] January 10th 12 11:25 PM

Ring roller info?

"Jordan" wrote in message
Can anybody recommend a book?
I'm after basics on design and use of the various rolls for different
stock - round and square tubes, etc.
I bought a manual roller, but only have a few rolls.
It is able to roll up to 10mm x 50mm flat bar, according to the brochure.
I've searched, but can't find much useful info.

Another query: To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan

Or wind a helix, cut out one complete loop and bend the ends into alignment.

jsw

Jordan[_7_] January 13th 12 10:53 AM

Ring roller info?

To make complete circular rings, I assume I have to
partially coil the stock, then remove the straight portions before
flattening and welding?

Jordan

Or wind a helix, cut out one complete loop and bend the ends into alignment.

jsw

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the confirmation!