Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting quiz on various science knowlege

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:06:34 -0800, beryl wrote:

On 12/20/2011 01:42 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 20:08:23 -0800, wrote:

On 12/19/2011 06:42 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

..I can show a historical pattern of such

Yes, Ed Huntress mentioned that. Your historical pattern is well known.

That was 264 mph, right? Obviously astride a 1000, a Ninja 600 wouldn't
go that fast.

Some do. But not stock ones.VBG
As I mentioned..I was riding one that had been "upgraded"

And I believe I mentioned I nearly had to change my pants afterwards.

Having a dream like that, it's no wonder you soiled yourself.

You boys do understand that the land speed record in 1975...was
302.9 mph+...right? 1975

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcy...d-speed_record

You boys really..really need to learn...ere...well..thats impossible for
you bois...you will always be stupid sadly....

Shrug

Look at the current land speed record for a bike....

375+mph. Thats a 125mph faster than I ran that bike.

Which was quite fast enough thank you very much.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:14:31 -0800, beryl wrote:

On 12/20/2011 09:52 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:06:34 -0800, wrote:

And I believe I mentioned I nearly had to change my pants afterwards.

Having a dream like that, it's no wonder you soiled yourself.

You boys do understand that the land speed record in 1975...was
302.9 mph+...right? 1975

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcy...d-speed_record

Big deal, that was only Don Vesco's twin-engined streamliner at
Bonneville. But you set a record riding on the street at Taft! WOW!

Well it wasnt on the "street". It was way the **** out in the oil fields
on the best road we could find. About 2 miles as straight as a string

And it was hardly any sort of "land speed record" I was faster than Id
ever gone on the road before, let alone on a bike..even a non standard
special like that one.

Shrug.

Believe it or not..not my problem.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcy...d-speed_record

One of the car record holders, perhaps Donald Campbell, realized the
futility of it when he was comfortably flying home, eating supper, and heard
the stewardess announce their speed which was over 100 MPH faster than the
record he had nearly died for.

A 1934 contest between custom British racing planes and US-built airliners,
one flying its regular route with passengers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacRobertson_Air_Race

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/21/2011 01:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

But you set a record riding on the street at Taft! WOW!

Well it wasnt on the "street". It was way the **** out in the oil fields
on the best road we could find. About 2 miles as straight as a string

Well, around 1973 I think it was, I was riding my Dad's RT-1 out in the
gully, almost lost it in deep sand, and went through some bushes. I
emerged on a track on the other side, and there was World 500cc
Motocross Champion Roger DeCoster behind me! I was so scared! I gassed
it to get away from him, and led the race for the next 2 laps before
darting back into the bushes and escaping.

Shrug.

I know!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:02:20 -0800, beryl wrote:

On 12/21/2011 01:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

But you set a record riding on the street at Taft! WOW!

Well it wasnt on the "street". It was way the **** out in the oil fields
on the best road we could find. About 2 miles as straight as a string

Well, around 1973 I think it was, I was riding my Dad's RT-1 out in the
gully, almost lost it in deep sand, and went through some bushes. I
emerged on a track on the other side, and there was World 500cc
Motocross Champion Roger DeCoster behind me! I was so scared! I gassed
it to get away from him, and led the race for the next 2 laps before
darting back into the bushes and escaping.

Shrug.

I know!

Oh, jeez. The memories...

1968, riding a Yamaha 175 with Gyt Kit in the Jack Piner Enduro when
I hit a log, went 15 feet in the air and did TWO backflips, keeping my
feet on the pedals, shifted down in mid-air to compensate for the loss
of speed, and landed upright to finish the race...of course I won,
beating all the Bultacos , Huskies, Montesas and several former world
champions....

Ah, to live in Gunner's Walter Mitty fantasy world. g

--
Ed Huntress