Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default W7 media

Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

no personal experience with it....

check this out:

http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1114725.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Den 11-11-2011 15:34, Karl Townsend skrev:
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Have you tried to see if there is a recovery partition on those 'puters.
With most of the 'puters here there is a recovery partition that can be
used for recovery or burn recovery medias from.
However there is a catch: Burning of recovery media can only be made 1 time

At least this goes for the HP computer I'm at right now ;-)

--
Uffe Bærentsen
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/11/2011 9:34 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

You could create a backup image of the disk now and use it to restore
the disk in case of disaster.

Highly recommended:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

You can make an image of the C: drive with these and restore it if you have
a problem:
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD

http://support.wdc.com/product/downl...l.asp?swid=119

Gotta go film 11:11:11 11/11/11.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

What version do you want and what make and model is the new box? I'll do it
for you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:50:00 -0500, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
.. .
Milady just scored a new W7 box from best but for $200...
http://tinyurl.com/89l3yk2

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

What version do you want and what make and model is the new box? I'll do it
for you.

Thanks Tom,

I'll follow up by email.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:50:00 -0500, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Karl

FWIW:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...ta-before.html

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

FWIW:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/wind...ta-before.html

jsw

Thanks, this is what i was looking for. It does look difficult. I got
as far as the backup activation step and couldn't get it to go. I'm
very glad Tom volunteered to help.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/11/2011 08:34 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

That makes two 'puters here with W7 home and i don't have media for
either one. I do have COA stickers. I'd sure like a bootable CD/DVD
for WHEN one of these boxes dies. Would anybody be willing to burn a
copy? Long shot, but is it possible to download a boot image plus disk
and burn one with Nero? Where and how?

Take a look at the iso files on:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

or

http://www.windows7hacker.com/index....icial-website/

Should work with your valid COA.

technomaNge
--
DEMOCRACY is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY is a well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default W7 media - follow up

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

This site has the downloads for windows 7 OS boot disks. I had a hard
time downloading with multiple failures on this 3 gig file. You need
something called a download manager. Of course, I went for free ones.
the first two didn't work. A download manager called "internet
download manager" worked great. Big difference is it can restart after
an interuption, very common on my phone lines.

From there, a neat tip was to run a little zipped application to make
this disk install ANY flavor of OS7. There's a link to this trick on
the above site.

Now i have a boot DVD that can install W7 with any flavor to a dead
'puter. Looks like W7 is here to stay, I'd suggest that everybody do
this BEFORE you're in trouble.

In my case, I'll install to a brand new hard drive in the computer and
have two complete separate boot drives all set to go. I won't do this
till a cold nasty day when I got a lot of spare time. At least with
XP, I found a fresh install speeds everything up like buying a new
machine. bet the same thing happens to 7.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 07:55:20 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

This site has the downloads for windows 7 OS boot disks. I had a hard
time downloading with multiple failures on this 3 gig file. You need
something called a download manager. Of course, I went for free ones.
the first two didn't work. A download manager called "internet
download manager" worked great. Big difference is it can restart after
an interuption, very common on my phone lines.

From there, a neat tip was to run a little zipped application to make
this disk install ANY flavor of OS7. There's a link to this trick on
the above site.

Now i have a boot DVD that can install W7 with any flavor to a dead
'puter. Looks like W7 is here to stay, I'd suggest that everybody do
this BEFORE you're in trouble.

In my case, I'll install to a brand new hard drive in the computer and
have two complete separate boot drives all set to go. I won't do this
till a cold nasty day when I got a lot of spare time. At least with
XP, I found a fresh install speeds everything up like buying a new
machine. bet the same thing happens to 7.

Karl

Anyone have a suggested download for XP Pro? Cracked or legit..makes no
difference to me.

My current copy is getting flakey and Im still occasionally setting up
boxes for some folks who cant afford to buy a new computer.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-dire....

This site has the downloads for windows 7 OS boot disks. I had a hard
time downloading with multiple failures on this 3 gig file. You need
something called a download manager. Of course, I went for free ones.
the first two didn't work. A download manager called "internet
download manager" worked great. Big difference is it can restart after
an interuption, very common on my phone lines.

From there, a neat tip was to run a little zipped application to make
[...]

So, what you're saying is that it makes no difference to you whether
you're stealing from Microsoft or not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

This site has the downloads for windows 7 OS boot disks. I had a hard
time downloading with multiple failures on this 3 gig file. You need
something called a download manager. Of course, I went for free ones.
the first two didn't work. A download manager called "internet
download manager" worked great. Big difference is it can restart after
an interuption, very common on my phone lines.

From there, a neat tip was to run a little zipped application to make
[...]

I remember mine had bad sectors last time i used it. So I'm starting a
download right now:
http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/xppro.html

I've used a disk clone program to clone fresh installs of XP with all
my shop software at least six times now. An old hard disk on eBay is
cheap insurance. if one of the shop 'puters get flakely or even
questionable, I toss in a new drive. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Karl

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

I've used a disk clone program to clone fresh installs of XP with all
my shop software at least six times now. An old hard disk on eBay is
cheap insurance. if one of the shop 'puters get flakely or even
questionable, I toss in a new drive. Takes less than 10 minutes.

Karl

Karl

It's even cheaper in the long run to buy a 1TB external drive, and split
it up into partitions the size (or larger) of your various hard drives.
Then use Drive Image XML to create exact sector images of each computer
in those partitions.

When a failure occurs, you can buy another drive exactly like the
original in the PC, or anything larger, create a new partition, and use
DIX to put the bootable image on it.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
At least with
XP, I found a fresh install speeds everything up like buying a new
machine. bet the same thing happens to 7.

I've been running the same XP installation for five years and it up until I
installed IE8 a few months ago it hasn't slowed down one bit.

It is true that previous versions of Windows required occasional reloads to
maintain their sanity, but post Win2k, that is a thing of the past.

My guess is that you just need to do some basic housecleaning, like removing
cookies/TSRs/malware, cleaning out temp folders, defragging and the like.

Jon

OT Media Center PC RogerN Metalworking 21 January 19th 11 02:56 AM
Why doesn't media do what it should do...? [email protected] UK diy 0 January 19th 07 12:29 PM
Is Ann Coulter the media? [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 4th 06 01:55 AM
OT-More Media Spin Gunner Metalworking 0 March 30th 06 12:44 PM
OT=Sea Changes in the Media Gunner Metalworking 47 November 20th 03 01:27 PM