Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default W7 media - follow up

Karl Townsend wrote:
At least with
XP, I found a fresh install speeds everything up like buying a new
machine. bet the same thing happens to 7.

I've been running the same XP installation for five years and it up until I
installed IE8 a few months ago it hasn't slowed down one bit.

It is true that previous versions of Windows required occasional reloads to
maintain their sanity, but post Win2k, that is a thing of the past.

My guess is that you just need to do some basic housecleaning, like removing
cookies/TSRs/malware, cleaning out temp folders, defragging and the like.

Jon