Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default W7 media - follow up

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

This site has the downloads for windows 7 OS boot disks. I had a hard
time downloading with multiple failures on this 3 gig file. You need
something called a download manager. Of course, I went for free ones.
the first two didn't work. A download manager called "internet
download manager" worked great. Big difference is it can restart after
an interuption, very common on my phone lines.

From there, a neat tip was to run a little zipped application to make
this disk install ANY flavor of OS7. There's a link to this trick on
the above site.

Now i have a boot DVD that can install W7 with any flavor to a dead
'puter. Looks like W7 is here to stay, I'd suggest that everybody do
this BEFORE you're in trouble.

In my case, I'll install to a brand new hard drive in the computer and
have two complete separate boot drives all set to go. I won't do this
till a cold nasty day when I got a lot of spare time. At least with
XP, I found a fresh install speeds everything up like buying a new
machine. bet the same thing happens to 7.

Karl