Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WTF IS THIS???

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:34:52 -0600, Ignoramus14302
wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

Ask Tawm. He's really into BDSM. wink

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

A grinder with a piece of **** deburring tool on one end.

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

All of the arms have split. They were bars. Likely was the internal
set of a large buffing wheel - those are the spokes to a rim and the
canvas stretched over the rim and the end. Large lambswool buffer pad
could be put on top of the basic cover that held it in shape.

Martin

On 11/6/2011 6:34 PM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-07, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

You mean that thing on the right-hand shaft? It looks to me
as though someone has mechanized S&M. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

Isn't that a parts feeder/nudger for an assembly line of some sort?
It would be rotating at a handful of rpms, not 1725 or 3600rpm, I
would think.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 6, 7:34*pm, Ignoramus14302 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14302.invalid wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...photos/497.JPG

Used in distressing furniture to make fake antiques?

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

14302.invalid wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...photos/497.JPG

Used in distressing furniture to make fake antiques?

I think that we have a winner here. I am not sure, but it sounds
reasonable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

Isn't that a parts feeder/nudger for an assembly line of some sort?
It would be rotating at a handful of rpms, not 1725 or 3600rpm, I
would think.

Good guess (fess up, you peeked at the filename). I think it was
actually a de-nudger, but I made it a long time ago so don't remember
exactly what I had in mind. It was a discarded idea for the feed
system for a video inspection machine for the last US clothespin mfr.
-- inspecting the wooden pieces on the fly at 1200 PPM. By far the
hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff. Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 06/11/2011 7:34 PM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

A powered self-flagellant for those devout Catholics who don't have
use of their arms?

Pete

--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics

Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

Isn't that a parts feeder/nudger for an assembly line of some sort?
It would be rotating at a handful of rpms, not 1725 or 3600rpm, I
would think.

Good guess (fess up, you peeked at the filename). I think it was
actually a de-nudger, but I made it a long time ago so don't remember

I probably would have guessed it anyway. I just got off the phone last
night with my buddy, Terry (who makes candy processing equipment) so
it was fresh in my mind.

He's having the trouble Gunner is. Companies are either closing their
doors or moving to other, more honorable states. CA screws itself
again.

exactly what I had in mind. It was a discarded idea for the feed
system for a video inspection machine for the last US clothespin mfr.
-- inspecting the wooden pieces on the fly at 1200 PPM. By far the

That's a pretty healthy rate of feed. What could you look for and
sideline in that 1/20 of a second time frame?

hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff.

I'll bet it was! Terry has been having fun with candy wrapping
machines.

Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

Hey, just wait until you find a pair. Then you can make a _whole_
clothespin!

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:32:07 -0500, Pete Snell wrote:

On 06/11/2011 7:34 PM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

A powered self-flagellant for those devout Catholics who don't have
use of their arms?

Yeah, a newfangled Opus Dei for Crips!

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:32:07 -0500, Pete Snell wrote:

On 06/11/2011 7:34 PM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

A powered self-flagellant for those devout Catholics who don't have
use of their arms?

Pete

ROFLMAO!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei#Mortification

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/7/2011 10:04 AM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

duck plucker ,seen a similar device with rubber fingers used in the
field for plucking ducks during open season powered by a small generator
set .

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Kevin(Bluey)" fired this volley in
. au:

duck plucker ,seen a similar device with rubber fingers used in the
field for plucking ducks during open season powered by a small

generator
set .

I don't believe (may be wrong) that it would work properly at that speed
and with that few 'fingers'.

I've made a couple of chicken pluckers. They rotate at about 250 RPM.
The fingers aren't shredded lengths of tubing, they're ribbed solid
rubber -- fairly soft, but fairly short, too. They're just long enough
to reach into the wing pits, etc.

Those plastic hosey things on the grinder will be flailing around so fast
and hard that they'd pre-tenderize a duck, as well as Fu...PLuck it.
They'd pre-tenderize the person holding the duck, too!

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:48:33 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

That's a pretty healthy rate of feed. What could you look for and
sideline in that 1/20 of a second time frame?

The inspection camera could easily measure the length, width in a
couple locations, and straightness while the part was flying by at 10
FPS...if the part presentation was clean.

hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff.

I'll bet it was! Terry has been having fun with candy wrapping
machines.

Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

Hey, just wait until you find a pair. Then you can make a _whole_
clothespin!

I did have about 50 gallons of the pieces, some went into the grill,
the rest went to a local art program for disabled folks. Someone there
made a huge sculpture that looked like a Louise Nevelson
http://hthompso3d.files.wordpress.co...e-nevelson.jpg

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Um, what does that mean? It's so abstract and busy, it doesn't look
like any person at all. I tried to see it with either eye alone, at
different sizes and focuses, etc., but don't see it.

Ah doont see no vases/faces thang atall.

I still have a couple gallons of Lucky Lager bottle caps. Other than
tools, it's the only thing I've ever collected on a large scale.
http://goo.gl/zEXbQ

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.
-- Louis L'Amour
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Created by a metal worker whose real love is deer hunting?
He made the bit on the right to buck the system?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete Snell" wrote in message
On 06/11/2011 7:34 PM, Ignoramus14302 wrote:
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

A powered self-flagellant for those devout Catholics who
don't have
use of their arms?

Pete

--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics
Royal Military College
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada
We dance round in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.

Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

fired this volley in
. au:

duck plucker ,seen a similar device with rubber fingers used in the
field for plucking ducks during open season powered by a small

generator
set .

I don't believe (may be wrong) that it would work properly at that speed
and with that few 'fingers'.

I've made a couple of chicken pluckers. They rotate at about 250 RPM.
The fingers aren't shredded lengths of tubing, they're ribbed solid
rubber -- fairly soft, but fairly short, too. They're just long enough
to reach into the wing pits, etc.

Those plastic hosey things on the grinder will be flailing around so fast
and hard that they'd pre-tenderize a duck, as well as Fu...PLuck it.
They'd pre-tenderize the person holding the duck, too!

LLoyd

LOL yeah I reckon you're right , but the geese and ducks we get here are
pretty tough so a bout of tenderising dosen't hurt.
I got over plucking wild duck and geese I just skin them now .

--
Kevin (Bluey)