Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WTF IS THIS???

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:07:52 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 05:35:26 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:57:58 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:34:52 -0600, Ignoramus14302
wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

Isn't that a parts feeder/nudger for an assembly line of some sort?
It would be rotating at a handful of rpms, not 1725 or 3600rpm, I
would think.

Good guess (fess up, you peeked at the filename). I think it was
actually a de-nudger, but I made it a long time ago so don't remember

I probably would have guessed it anyway. I just got off the phone last
night with my buddy, Terry (who makes candy processing equipment) so
it was fresh in my mind.

He's having the trouble Gunner is. Companies are either closing their
doors or moving to other, more honorable states. CA screws itself
again.

exactly what I had in mind. It was a discarded idea for the feed
system for a video inspection machine for the last US clothespin mfr.
-- inspecting the wooden pieces on the fly at 1200 PPM. By far the

That's a pretty healthy rate of feed. What could you look for and
sideline in that 1/20 of a second time frame?

hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff.

I'll bet it was! Terry has been having fun with candy wrapping
machines.

Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

Hey, just wait until you find a pair. Then you can make a _whole_
clothespin!

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles